Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth question

Equipment

Garmin 660 LM

Iphone 7

Ver. 20.8 cluster software upgrade

2018 F3 Limited

Question: Can i pair the Garmin to the F3 so that i can use my gps maps and music on the Garmin so that i can hear them out of the F3 Speakers without using the Iphone?

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No, the phone plugs into the USB in the glove box and is BT paired to the bike and you use either of the 2 GPS apps that work with BRP Connect. Genius Maps or Sygic. You can also play music from the phone as well as track your routes.

The Garmin thing is old tech. For more $$$ you can have it wired to the bike, but then you shoulda bought an earlier model for that.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I Bluetooth my zumo to my freecomm head set.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Just for clarity

I can bluetooth the Garmin to my helmet for music and GPS directions.

I had an older (2016) model F3 and know that worked.

My garmin is currently hard wired to the F3.

My question here was, am i missing something that will allow me to bluetooth the garmin to the F3 without using the phone.

I know that there are some very knowledgeable folks out there and was really reaching out to them to see what their thoughts were.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

If you use the aux input you can. You need to buy a BT receiver. Plug the aux cable into it. Pair your Garmin to it. In audio settings choose aux input.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If you use the aux input you can. You need to buy a BT receiver. Plug the aux cable into it. Pair your Garmin to it. In audio settings choose aux input.

SEE ................ I knew somebody would know how to do it.

Thanks BillyBovine

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

This website has people who know a whole lot about certain topics and are always willing to share their knowledge, and then there are the others LOL.

Anonymous

Spyder Garage

I believe those would be the trolls.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you make connection to the Garmin you will not be able to listen to radio as you’ll have it set for AUX. Much easier to use the smartphone and get all from that. Much easier to navigate using the joystick rather than touching the Garmin screen and looking down. Not safe.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    If you make connection to the Garmin you will not be able to listen to radio as you’ll have it set for AUX. Much easier to use the smartphone and get all from that. Much easier to navigate using the joystick rather than touching the Garmin screen and looking down. Not safe.
    What you are saying is true. It would be better if you had complete control of your phone through the handlebar controls. Also nice that turn by turn directions will come through no matter the input mode. But the apps that have been picked to work are extremely limited. Those apps features have been stripped to work with the dash. So I have chosen to not to use the Spyders BRP Connect on dash display. I have mounted my phone on the handlebars. This gets it out of the glove box on my F3L aka pizza oven. My previous phone was almost always in overheating mode when in the glove box. I think it destroyed my phones battery. I can use my phone whenever I want. The screen is not locked. For whatever app I want. It does not need to be a Bosch approved app. My phone is still paired through BT to the dash. So the BT audio works very well and the hands free phone phone functions work very well too.

2018 F3 LIMITED