Seeing a different "shout out" posted today for one of our vendors, I figured Joe & Ann deserved one too for the assistance they provided Monday that saved my road trip to get my new Russell seat.

I had left my house Monday morning to ride to Shasta Lake, CA for my Russell ride-in appointment on Wednesday. The new parking brake motor my dealer ordered the first time my parking locked up a couple weeks ago hadn't arrived yet, so I was making the trip with the 2 wrenches I would need to disconnect the parking brake if needed. Accordingly, Murphy's Law strikes again and at my very first gas stop my parking brake locked up on me and I broke out the wrenches and crawled under the muffler (which isn't fun for me since my neck surgery). Regardless of how much I loosened the 2 nuts the cable would not budge to release from the parking brake mechanism. Another rider came over when he saw me and he tried to do it and couldn't get it to work either. I was in semi-panic mode. If I didn't get to Russell Day Long by 8 AM Wednesday I would lose the ride-in deposit and not get the seat after waiting 3 months for the appointment.

So I called Joe and Ann's Squared Away phone number. Ann answered and after I told her what was happening she put Joe on the phone and he talked the other (obviously more mechanically inclined) rider through removing a much larger bolt then repositioning the parking brake mechanism. Worked like a charm! I could then shift into gear and ride the Spyder again. Just had to make sure I always "blocked" the wheels one way or another when parking so it wouldn't roll away on me.

Joe and Ann went above and beyond to help me, and I sincerely appreciate it. They saved my Russell Seat ride appointment and I now am the proud owner of my second Russell seat, this one on my new 2018 Spyder. I just rode it back home 650 miles from Shasta Lake CA to Las Vegas today. 11 hours with no butt burn or other discomfort whatsoever.

Thanks Joe and Ann! Drinks are on me when able.

IMG_1262_resize.jpg