Thread: New Purchase

Spyder Garage

Question New Purchase

Yesterday, I attempted to trade my Harley Softail in for a new Ryker Rally, but the trade in offer was so low I didn't do it. I still purchased a new Rally though. Since I was riding my Harley to the dealer, I left the Rally with the dealer to have them go over it and get it ready for me to pick it up this morning. I'll be leaving in a few minutes. I plan to purchase a windshield for it also, and install it myself. I don't like the limited option for a passenger seat so I plan to make my own. However, I do not see any place on the Internet that sells the passenger foot pegs. Is it possible to purchase the foot pegs separately or must you purchase the back seat in order to get the foot pegs?

By the way, kudos to the Spyderlovers forum, for including the Ryker.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry I can't help with any answers ……….but ..% ………..Mike

Spyder Garage

seems you have to order the seat with the foot pegs - they do not offer them without it, in the moment .. I made a lower seat with a GIVi case for my Girl and had the same Problem ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Be aware that the foot pegs for the passenger will have an effect on certain driving modes depending if they are in the up or down position. I forget what the situation is but i believe that you are limited to modes with the pegs in the down position.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

The design of the Ryker really only has the ability of the Can Am passenger pegs. With the pegs down you can't go into Rally or Sport Mode, but there is no need anyway. The Pegs also alter the VSS to account for the added weight and center of gravity. You want your passenger to be safe so get the right equipment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Be aware that the foot pegs for the passenger will have an effect on certain driving modes depending if they are in the up or down position. I forget what the situation is but i believe that you are limited to modes with the pegs in the down position.

Cruzr Joe
    That is correct you can not go into Rally mode with the pegs down. Not sure if you can go into sport mode with them down or not.

I was a little late KC61 had already posted.

Spyder Garage

and

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
    The design of the Ryker really only has the ability of the Can Am passenger pegs. With the pegs down you can't go into Rally or Sport Mode, but there is no need anyway. The Pegs also alter the VSS to account for the added weight and center of gravity. You want your passenger to be safe so get the right equipment.
    That's a proper answer with good advice.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

OK, so the dealer where I purchased and picked up my Ryker Rally yesterday, had NO passenger seat in stock and NO windshield. So, I went on line and found the seat with pegs for twenty bucks cheaper, no sales taxes, ebates rebate and free shipping. I also bought the windshield on line, no taxes and free shipping. I hope it will all arrive prior to my daughter and her family arrive for a visit in a little over a week. They used to spend weekends on Harleys or ATVs and really want to see and try the Ryker out. Of course they could test drive one at a dealer, but this will be more relaxed with no pressure to purchase.
    Anyway, my first thoughts on mine, after driving it about 30 miles yesterday. Wow! Now I can see why those folks on YouTube are giggling like school girls when they drive one. Lots of fun and the ability to enjoy your ride. One point though. I am used to following a tire track in the road on a two wheeler. You have to remember that you are in the middle of a three wheeler when you travel and stay in the middle of the road. It is easy to forget when you are on a Ryker because you "feel" like you are on a bike, with the handle bars and the narrow body of the machine. And it does take getting use to when turning and driving around round abouts. But, the learning experience is part of the fun. This thing is so close to the ground that it seems you can travel through curves and turns much faster than a car. Just my thoughts on it.
    I am no longer so reluctant to sell my Harley now. With two impending left hand operations, my clutch hand is going to be suffering anyway, so I wouldn't be able to drive two wheels anyway. The Ryker definitely gets my two thumbs up.

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the purchase, I put floor boards on the drivers location, so I have my old pegs but not sure if you could modify them for the passenger application

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
    OK, so the dealer where I purchased and picked up my Ryker Rally yesterday, had NO passenger seat in stock and NO windshield. So, I went on line and found the seat with pegs for twenty bucks cheaper, no sales taxes, ebates rebate and free shipping. I also bought the windshield on line, no taxes and free shipping. I hope it will all arrive prior to my daughter and her family arrive for a visit in a little over a week. They used to spend weekends on Harleys or ATVs and really want to see and try the Ryker out. Of course they could test drive one at a dealer, but this will be more relaxed with no pressure to purchase.
    Anyway, my first thoughts on mine, after driving it about 30 miles yesterday. Wow! Now I can see why those folks on YouTube are giggling like school girls when they drive one. Lots of fun and the ability to enjoy your ride. One point though. I am used to following a tire track in the road on a two wheeler. You have to remember that you are in the middle of a three wheeler when you travel and stay in the middle of the road. It is easy to forget when you are on a Ryker because you "feel" like you are on a bike, with the handle bars and the narrow body of the machine. And it does take getting use to when turning and driving around round abouts. But, the learning experience is part of the fun. This thing is so close to the ground that it seems you can travel through curves and turns much faster than a car. Just my thoughts on it.
    I am no longer so reluctant to sell my Harley now. With two impending left hand operations, my clutch hand is going to be suffering anyway, so I wouldn't be able to drive two wheels anyway. The Ryker definitely gets my two thumbs up.
    Yup, you just about nailed it with your description. And even though I may sit closer to the ground then on a regular motorcycle, I still feel like my field of vision is higher than when I am driving my car. I also think that the wider front stance of it gives a better warning to motorists that there is a vehicle there.

Spyder Garage

Hi MDLNB well done on new rally Ryker I think you have to buy rear seat and kit comes with pass/ pegs . Ref fitting BRP windscreen on your own don't forget to fit 2 small washers on top screws ( mine didn't come with any , it's a fiddly job and a long Allen key passed through the slots in plastic front is the only way to tighten I had no instructions but worked it out
    Good luck with your new Ryker. Regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Ok, so I ordered a rear seat kit on line and save on state taxes and I get free shipping. I ordered a windshield on line also, and have already received it and installed it. I remembered that someone had said something about two washers needed to keep it from shaking loose. When I pulled everything from the box, the hardware pack only had four screws. So, I put it together real fast and then when I was breaking down the box for recycle, I found a small package with two washers. There is NO way that I am going to take it apart again UNLESS I start having trouble with it shaking loose. It was a pain to get my hands in there to get the screws in, and I did torque it down pretty tight.
    The seat is supposed to be delivered on Wed. My daughter and her husband will be down on Friday night for the weekend and will definitely demand to be allowed to try it out. We used to take trips on our Harley's together and went to Myrtle Beach Bike Week together. They already have four wheelers that they use on their property, so the Ryker will probably feel familiar.
    I also ordered the locking gas cap for a little over $8, and the parking brake lock. I do want to purchase a rear fender to replace the stubby Rally fender. My wife is not too keen on mud and water soaking her from the bare rear tire. I understand that the rear fender for the Ryker can be purchased, but when I asked the parts guy, he could not find a source for it.

I still have my Harley listed in the classified.

By the way, thanks to all for your advice and for sharing your experience. I can now see why all those first time riders of the Ryker seem to giggle like school girls on those YouTube videos. My 30 mile trip home with it from the dealer probably had me smiling all the way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    seems you have to order the seat with the foot pegs - they do not offer them without it, in the moment .. I made a lower seat with a GIVi case for my Girl and had the same Problem ..
    Wow, great job on the seat and luggage! You gave me something to think about. The little light bulb just went on above my head...