I have a 2016 RT-S, I bought new in 2018 and have put 14000 miles on it. Last Saturday I took it to the dealer to replace the rear tire, they did all was fine. Sunday/Monday rain, didn't ride Tuesday. Rode it to work on Wednesday, about half way (25miles) my engine light came on and the handle bar icon came on it the trip area of the gauge. I pull over use a flash light look things over and see nothing wrong. Turn the bike back on and no problems and no codes. Drove rest of the way to work (33miles) I smell a burning rubber or belt smell thinking its the belt alignment being off from the tire change. I then get the same engine and handle bar flash. But the bike has running perfectly. At work shut it down looked again and found nothing wrong, checked every fuse, oil level, brake fluid level. All was fine. Still no codes. Go to leave work and all is good and about 25 miles down the road it's the same warning lights and this time the speed and tac needle goes to zero and stays. Motor and everything running fine great. I let off the accelerator and then add gas and the needles go back up to normal. I took it easy and continued driving to the shop and told the service guy what was going on. He looked at the belt and agreed it was to close to the gear wall. I told him the no codes and started it up and things were fine. We were thinking the battery. I was going to leave it there for them to look at. I get a call and the battery was at 12.2volts and was going to put new battery in and then he calls back and says we can't get the gauges to come on. He said the Buds showed tons of codes. They wont be able to get back to it till after the other bikes are done. I'm fourth in line. They thought I would be a quick fix and back on the road. Oh the belt wasn't rubbing and the burn smell wasn't the belt. It's something else.

Glad I have the warranty, just nervous as hell as to what went wrong. I have done all of the maintenance and only used the dealer for the rear tire change.