Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Farewell to the - oregonian's

Well Dave ( easysuper ) and Ellie just left ( and returned 5 min. later - Dave forgot His chaps ) ….. to continue their 9,200+ mi. cross country adventure..... they arrived last thurs. 6/6 from Boston and left today 6/12 ) …. I enjoyed their company and the riding trips we did while they were here ….. What was most Impressive was the Fantastic weather they brought with them..... Sunny with a hugh increase in the temps we enjoyed. Prior to their arrival our entire Spring had been cool / cold and WET ...... Max acclimated to them right away ( they are dog people , so they smelled great ) .... I live in a dead area for Cell phones, so He wasn't able to post pics and messages.... but He will soon ….. So follow His Coast to Coast - thread for further developments ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Thats grand....

Glad you had a good visit and they are now on their way with a few extra pounds on them... Hope you were able to enjoy some more solid food with them.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Glad you had a good visit and they are now on their way with a few extra pounds on them... Hope you were able to enjoy some more solid food with them.
    Yep they said they both gained a few pounds ( and said it was worth it ) …… No on the solid food ( for me ) …. this afternoon I discovered a small piece of bone (?) coming thru my lower GUM area, and touching it is Extremely painful … this may be what hurt so much putting the denture in .... I'm calling the dentist after their lunch is over …...Mike

Spyder Garage

Certainly talk to your Dentist, but I'd think you might get a few pieces of bone flake working their way out over the next month or so Mike - having teeth removed as a 'more mature adult' like I seem to be these days tends to be a little harder on the jaw bone & tooth sockets than it was back when we were younger, and many people are left with little bits of the socket surrounds broken off during the proceedure & needing to come out..... & you had a whole bunch of teeth out!! I had some pretty big chunks of bone take what felt like forrreeeeever to work their way up to the surface after my last extraction, and they make your mouth sooo bloody sensitive while they're doing it too!! Mine got to the stage I was just pulling the chunks out myself as they each surfaced... cos that was less painful than waiting for the Dentist to check on them & then remove them - I was just too much of a wimp to wait even for an emergency appointment!

Glad your visitors enjoyed their stay, and especially glad that Max enjoyed their company too!! Dogs know good people, and smart dogs know how to make the most of their visits! I think the welcome & sharing nature of Spyder Ryders in general is part of what makes the extended Spyder Ryding Community such a great thing - both here with help & info sharing on the Forum & out there on the road with all sorts of sharing when & where it all counts! And I'm looking forwards to more pics & stories when they get the opportunity too!

Cheers, & thanks for sharing with us all!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-13-2019 at 12:18 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Certainly talk to your Dentist, but I'd think you might get a few pieces of bone flake working their way out over the next month or so Mike - having teeth removed as a 'more mature adult' like I seem to be these days tends to be a little harder on the jaw bone & tooth sockets than it was back when we were younger, and many people are left with little bits of the socket surrounds broken off during the proceedure & needing to come out..... & you had a whole bunch of teeth out!! I had some pretty big chunks of bone take what felt like forrreeeeever to work their way up to the surface after my last extraction, and they make your mouth sooo bloody sensitive while they're doing it too!! Mine got to the stage I was just pulling the chunks out myself as they each surfaced... cos that was less painful than waiting for the Dentist to check on them & then remove them - I was just too much of a wimp to wait even for an emergency appointment!

Glad your visitors enjoyed their stay, and especially glad that Max enjoyed their company too!! Dogs know good people, and smart dogs know how to make the most of their visits! I think the welcome & sharing nature of Spyder Ryders in general is part of what makes the extended Spyder Ryding Community such a great thing - both here with help & info sharing on the Forum & out there on the road with all sorts of sharing when & where it all counts! And I'm looking forwards to more pics & stories when they get the opportunity too!

Cheers, & thanks for sharing with us all!
    Well the dentist removed that sliver of Bone that was sticking out from my lower gum...… after I got home I found another one ...this one doesn't hurt as much so I'll see if it comes by itself ……. I'm trying different foods other than pureed soup ….. very soft ( over-cooked ) pasta ……. over-cooked pork & beans w/ two pureed Hot dogs ( actually tasty ) ……. To be happier in life you just have to " learn to roll with the punches " ……. Mike