Spyder Garage

Default after market equipment

I do not like to post negative . I do not enjoy whining, which are what lots forums are about, I may give in this time.
    What is it with the dealerships not installing non spyder items.. I have been to 2 dealers now, the first was horrible, the second not as much. Both 5 to 6 weeks out for any warrenty item. Tires Kendra only, sway bar.. no, hand brake.. no... highway pegs ... no. They would do Gps Zumo mount , need 4 hours and if needed to work off key, possibly may need to go into the wiring harness, lmao on that one. SO far very disorganize dealership support. So far not impressed with my new 2018 rt because of this.

Spyder Garage

Seems like some dealers will and some dealers will not install non-BRP items, whether tires or otherwise.
    No to sway bar seems surprising to me, but tires, well, ymmv...some will do non-Kenda, others not so much.
    As for 5-6 weeks...well, it is riding season, so most dealers are probably pretty busy.

You probably should have asked your dealer some of these questions before making your investment.
    All I can say is...welcome to Spyder-land...
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

What do you think a dealer would say...... he is selling a bike. I own 4 two wheel bikes multipul brands just never had this happen before , just odd to me.

Spyder Garage

Dunno...but I know I asked about putting non-Kenda's on when the time comes, and was told "not a problem" as long as I provide the tires. They'll also install the "abc-brand" fender lights if I want.
    And they installed the Bajaron swaybar before I left with my purchase.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Mr. Goodwrench would not put a high rise 4 barrel manifold and a 600 Holley on your 327 Malibu neither. You could get it put on in the service bay of some local gas station, but not by most dealers.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Default Really😲

Your not impressed with your 2018 RT... is there something wrong with it...?? I understand your frustration with the dealers which is not an uncommon thing around here but not a reason to blame the spyder. It takes time and searching to find the right folks to get some things done. Maybe a well planned weekend out of town to a dealer who can schedule you in and get it all done for you.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You say you're from NC but you don't say where or how far you have traveled to get work done on your Spyder. Have you contacted Honda - Can Am of Winston-Salem? Remember too that if the dealerships you have been to are anywhere near water they have a ton of business this time of year on Ski Doos.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfreddy View Post
    I do not like to post negative . I do not enjoy whining, which are what lots forums are about, I may give in this time.
    What is it with the dealerships not installing non spyder items.. I have been to 2 dealers now, the first was horrible, the second not as much. Both 5 to 6 weeks out for any warrenty item. Tires Kendra only, sway bar.. no, hand brake.. no... highway pegs ... no. They would do Gps Zumo mount , need 4 hours and if needed to work off key, possibly may need to go into the wiring harness, lmao on that one. SO far very disorganize dealership support. So far not impressed with my new 2018 rt because of this.
    I see you're somewhere in NC. If you are near Winston Salem, Honda, Sea Doo and Can-Am of Winston Salem seems to be a great dealer, HOWEVER, they are BUSY. It is riding season and everyone and their brother has waited til the last minute to get their bike/trike serviced. They installed my Hankook front tires and performed a laser alignment just 2 weeks ago. This dealer is 65 miles from me and I plan to have them do all my major services. Most of my normal services I can do myself. Good luck in your quest and like others have said, don't blame your Spyder, just ride it!
    Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    2015 Circuit Yellow Spyder RT Limited
    2010 Velocity Yellow Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired
    NRA Instructor & N.C. CCW Instructor
    Never mind Area51. Worry about the other 50, or more!
    2015 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

It may be a concern of theirs that they could be liable if they install something that they do not know enough about. make a list of what you want and take it to someone who makes and sells aftermarket items.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Same problem with CAN AM dealerships in KCMO. Tire of buying kenda back tires bought the kool aid that had new rubber comp. Tired of change oil change back tire. Feel your pain. Only if it is ours. As far as tires goes take it to where they sell SLING SHOTS they have eqipment and Know How with belts. They did mine no problem, done many went with new Hankook on back. As far as add on's electric, It is an orbital system. Do not hack the wire harness! If you add electric parts with remote it is similar to blue tooth always searching. You must have it on it's own switch. Join a SPYDER GROUP if you can. They will have people who know If you can't the forum will help but not like the Bro's and Sis's can. I hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Aloha everyone, no matter Good or Bad Service.... Here on Hawaii we do not have a dealer... There is a Indian motorcycle shop, that sells plenty other riding equipment... Have not taken my Spyder to them Yet!! There is a place that rents out 2 Basic Spyders... The guy there says he works on Spyders to include wheel alignment... He works out of his garage and by appointment only... Hoping for the best when the time comes... For now, I will be doing my oil Change... I ride 2012 Spyder RT.. To include no Spyder riding group... Have heard there is another riding on Oahu. There is one rider on Maui... Just remember no matter Your issue with dealer, at least You have other dealers to go to... We all made the choice to ride Spyder... Enjoy the ride... We are all a special breed.....
    2012 RTS SE5 , Spider Web Brake pedal Orbital blue

Spyder Garage

And here in the hinterlands of Central south Minnesota, I have 4 dealerships within 50 miles and 2 of them will install ANY tire I bring, have installed aftermarket parts willingly, and the other 2 won't.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

just remember that you can not take your own Bacon and eggs to a restaurant and expect them to cook it for you, even for a fair price.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

My local M/C shop installs tires on wheels if you take the wheel off the bike.
    Need to do more traveling
    2018 Limited , Grey (Looks green to me but title says grey)

Spyder Garage

Here in the wilds of Central Utah I have a 100 mile trip to the nearest dealer. There are 2 in the metro Salt Lake City area, both good imho. I have used both. It does amaze me that we are selling that many Spyders around here but can't keep a SRA club going.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    Dunno...but I know I asked about putting non-Kenda's on when the time comes, and was told "not a problem" as long as I provide the tires. They'll also install the "abc-brand" fender lights if I want.
    And they installed the Bajaron swaybar before I left with my purchase.
    Did you mean TriCLED? You can use that now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The install/ no install varies from dealer to dealer. When in AK, they would install anything I brought them, EXCEPT tires.

Now, there is no selling dealer in AK. Have about four possibilities here, so will see what we encounter when the bikes get here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red