Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckhelton View Post
    So one is to infer that they go there to drink. And since they are not in the US, they have a different approach to the word "pub" than we do. You can try to spin it any way you want, they excluded a person based on their riding attire while also condoning drinking and riding.
    Two things about that:

A statement is different than an inference.

And you have made only 5 posts on here.......and already you are "calling out" another user based on an inference.

What do you think I might assume from those facts ??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey4201 View Post
    2015 rt
    Of course it is...but only at night.

Spyder Garage

Is it OK to eat chocolate in the hot tub? Of course it's *OK* but the real question is, is it smart and/or safe? There's this concept of PPE; Personal Protective Equipment that's more than just a helmet.
    2011 Spyder RT-S
    LtCol, USAF Ret
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    2011 RT , Yes Blue

Spyder Garage

Wear what you want. I have owned 3 Spyders the past 3 years and rarely wear anything but shorts. I live in Florida and it’s extremely hot, shorts are by the far the coolest for me. I personally have never come close to wrecking or eating pavement but I understand that day could come at anytime. Pants simply aren’t worth it to me. I also don’t care what others think so roll out with shorts and enjoy yourself. You will find out the biking community has many opinions but riding in full gear when it’s 100 plus heat index isn’t in the cards for me. Not worth having my Spyder if that’s the case. Most of the riders I see around here have shorts on anyways. Must be a Duuuuvvvvaaaallll thing.. Go Jags.. Out

Spyder Garage

A touchy subject and many opinionated people. It is okay to express your opinion...that is what the site is for. It is NOT necessary to jump on someone whose opinion you don't agree with.

The moderators are watching the posts more close now. One who is on a final chance needs to be a bit careful. You are at the "no further warning" stage now.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-29-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Riding with shorts because of the weather, etc. is for sure a personal choice. Me...I would not do it. Since I have moved to AR from AK, I mostly am wearing shorts because of the hot temps.

That said, our bikes will not arrive for a couple weeks yet. When they get here, my plan is to be ATGATT as much as necessary. I have Kevlar lined jeans, but may end up going mesh before to long.

Most of the people we see on bikes here, and there are a lot of them, ride with shorts, short sleeves (or less), no helmets, gloves, or boots. Flip flops seem to be popular. We have heard of two bad accidents since our arrival in late May.

When we rented in Hawaii, it was mid 90's that day. Off came the jackets, but we had jeans, helmets, and fingerless gloves.

Choices, choices, choices.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-29-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red