Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckhelton View Post
    did i misread the part about group rides to the pub? read the thread before you make a comment.
    Yes apparently you did.

He said nothing about actually drinking.
    Our riding club goes to "pubs" quite often.......for the FOOD.
    No alcohol is consumed.

Learning to use the quote feature will head off some misunderstandings........but not all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Yes apparently you did.

He said nothing about actually drinking.
    Our riding club goes to "pubs" quite often.......for the FOOD.
    No alcohol is consumed.

Learning to use the quote feature will head off some misunderstandings........but not all.
    Ok, lets use the quote function. Here is the actual words used

"This topic came up at an informal gathering of Spyder riders last weekend when one guy stated he rides in Shorts and thongs (translation - flip flops). I passed a polite comment but I was the only one that did, the rest were pretty brutal. So much was the response that the group who sometimes comes together for long distance rides decided he won't be invited to the group rides, even if only around the corner to the pub (translation - Bar/bulk Alcoholic beverage dispensary)"

Now as we notice they translated "pub" as a Bar/Alcoholic beverage dispensary. No mention of food. So one is to infer that they go there to drink. And since they are not in the US, they have a different approach to the word "pub" than we do. You can try to spin it any way you want, they excluded a person based on their riding attire while also condoning drinking and riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckhelton View Post
    So one is to infer that they go there to drink. And since they are not in the US, they have a different approach to the word "pub" than we do. You can try to spin it any way you want, they excluded a person based on their riding attire while also condoning drinking and riding.
    Two things about that:

A statement is different than an inference.

And you have made only 5 posts on here.......and already you are "calling out" another user based on an inference.

What do you think I might assume from those facts ??