Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Honestly, I sometimes wear shorts while riding my Spyder. If it's incredibly hot, I tend to think its better than boiling alive. On the other hand, I did once get a bad sunburn on my knee that way. When I put medicine on it after stopping for the the night, I accidentally glued my knees together. (My mother probably would have been happy about when I was a girl.)

YMMV

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    Honestly, I sometimes wear shorts while riding my Spyder. If it's incredibly hot, I tend to think its better than boiling alive. On the other hand, I did once get a bad sunburn on my knee that way. When I put medicine on it after stopping for the the night, I accidentally glued my knees together. (My mother probably would have been happy about when I was a girl.)

YMMV

~Sandee~
    At least you didn't glue them to your ryde
    2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post

YMMV

~Sandee~
    Actually, have you seen pics of " Bedouins " riding camels in the Sahara desert ??? ……. they look like they are dressed for the " Arctic " … but the temps are usually way over 100 F …….they have been doing this for thousands of years …. my guess is they understand how to protect from " HEAT " ….....jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Actually, have you seen pics of " Bedouins " riding camels in the Sahara desert ??? ……. they look like they are dressed for the " Arctic " … but the temps are usually way over 100 F …….they have been doing this for thousands of years …. my guess is they understand how to protect from " HEAT " ….....jmho …. Mike
    They are acclimated. Don't know what air conditioning is. I sleep with one blanket in the winter with window open. The ink in the printer has frozen. Buff with AC blasting in the summer. Tried riding in summer while working at White Sands MR - 110 in the shade, 160 rising off pavement, engine heat. Parked ride for most of summer. Before mesh gear.

Ride summer with tank, shorts, tennies in town - 35mph and under. Mesh riding gear and boots for hwy & fwy rides.

Regards,

Don
    2017 F3T , Triple Black