Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default How do I do this - brackets

I purchased a set of Baha Design S2 pro LED lights some moths ago. I have many many ideas on where to mount them, wanting them high to improve the light footprint.

A month or so ago I saw a Motorcycle Cop and his Driving lights and Red/Blue strobes were mounted on a bracket that sat between the mirrors and their mount point on the fairing. This seems ideal. They were well fitted, made from 1/4" or 3/8" cold drawn seamless tube - flattended out - and they sealed the gap between the mirrors and the fairing - they were really well made. Decided there and then that's how mine will be!!!

BUT reality has since set in.

I have spent hours staring at the same location on my RTL, mirrors removed trying to figure out how to make a template or how to manufacture it with all the curves involved and just don't have the know how. NO IDEA Whatsoever.
    All I do know is:
    1. It looks like I would remove the magic mirror mounts, and replace the bolts with longer ones to accommodate the thickness of the material of the bracket
    2. Has many many curves required to "follow the surface" of the RTL fairing.

I've inserted a picture showing what I mean and how it follows the contours of the fairing/mirror (Shown in red).
    Where do I begin?
    How do I go about it?
    Should I try making a prototype mount out of Aluminium flat bar 1st (easy to bend, hard to weld)

RTL-BD-Light brackets.jpg
    Last edited by askitee; 06-10-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: add a question to post
    2017 RTL , White