Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    It was just one of those moments when I grabbed the throttle a little hard off the start, then decided to see how long the rear tire would spin. It put a huge smile on my face.

I couldn’t resist!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You guys are all focused on a couple of guys hatred towards Spyder. I am focused on the fact that my RT would do a burnout that long! I thought for sure the nanny would step in and say "cut that out". Sometimes my nanny has a wild side!
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is your ecu modified to do a burnout? I dont think mine would with stock setup.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Stock ECU. Only performance mods are k&n filter, cat delete, and 2 Bros muffler.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Management and I went on a ride thru Arkansas with a group of Harley riders (6 bikes). We were just in front of the Tail Gunner and he commented "that thing really accelerates." I hadn't even wound it past 4k rpm. They were all great people and we'll ride with them again, I'm sure. But if I get to lead the ride I hope they'll be able to keep up.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

So true. I too have two Harleys sitting in my garage that belong to my hubby. He rides my Spyder periodically. Nobody I know that rides a Harley has a problem with Spyders. Some have even test ride mine and think it is cool. We do not need to impress these other riders. Even Indian riders have a problem with Harley riders as do Gold Wing riders. I don't care what they say, I will continue to ride my Spyder regardless of what they say. Do they have issues with Harley Trike riders? They sure do. How will they feel if one day they can no longer ride two wheels? We have a lot of former Harley riders buying Spyders.
    2018 F3 , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

"I occasionally get a little "attitude" from a Harley Rider. I just say, "Son, your just now old enough to ride a Spyder. When your lady won't ride with you any more, or you can't pick your bike up, then you'll be old enough." This usually just gets a smile. I not only love my Spyder, but I'm proud to be old enough and to still continue to ride. I also just like to...
    Ride in comfort,
    John"

I still have my Harley and still enjoy riding it. I am getting older and the wife would not ride two wheels with me any longer. Got the Spyder and all is good again. I am loving it and ride it solo often.. I have gotten a few negative comments "nice snowmobile" but mostly questions of curiosity and admiration. Haters gonna hate and the ignorance will not fade with some people, I don't let this bother me.
    Solman

Spyder Garage

On my 09 even the tiniest amount of yaw the nanny would step in. But if you could keep it straight it would do a long burnout. My 2013 was way more forgiving. Nanny would not step in near as easy. From what I can remember is that traction control will only step in above 50 km/h ( about 30 mph ). From my own experience that must be based on the front wheels and not the rear. The Kenda tire would a very satisfying squeal. The Kumho tire would spin with almost no effort. 1/4 throttle would do it. With little to no noise. Not very fun.

2018 F3 LIMITED

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Three years ago when my Gold Wing friend and I both got hit by a pickup truck and damned near killed, one of the first people to stop at the scene was a BMW rider who just happened to be a trauma surgeon carrying a complete emergency room quality first aid kit on his BMW. He and a trauma nurse (who stopped in another car) stabilized my friend at the scene and the doctors at the trauma center he was airlifted 100 miles to said that probably saved his life. By the time I woke up laying in the middle of the highway, there were plenty of other motorcycle riders around too, including Harley riders who bent over backwards to assist me until the police and emergency responders got to the scene. I was riding a Honda sport tourer...nothing near a "Harley" ride.

Some people think all Harley and BMW riders are "snotty" or whatever. It's not the motorcycle brand that determines the humanity of the rider. It's the quality of the INDIVIDUAL rider's own humanity riding the motorcycle. Some will be jerks regardless of what they ride. Others are worth their weight in gold even if they were riding a skateboard.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I haven't bumped into that... and I'm about a little over an hour out of Harley's Milwaukee homeground. On the trip over and yonder to Ontario, we were 2 Harley Ultra's, one bagger Indian and me on my Spyder RS. Even in Canada, the Spyder got more attention at stops than the others. Whether two or three, we wind lovers need to support each other. Wind therapy comes in all sizes and displacements! Salute!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAF View Post
    Some people think all Harley and BMW riders are "snotty" or whatever. It's not the motorcycle brand that determines the humanity of the rider. It's the quality of the INDIVIDUAL rider's own humanity riding the motorcycle. Some will be jerks regardless of what they ride. Others are worth their weight in gold even if they were riding a skateboard.
    True. But it's like different branches of the Military always ragging on one another. All good fun until **it hits the fan, then is all banding together.
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

TTACH=CONFIG]172994[/ATTACH] This is my riding partners 1sterreglide and 2 roadglides
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    I occasionally get a little "attitude" from a Harley Rider. I just say, "Son, your just now old enough to ride a Spyder. When your lady won't ride with you any more, or you can't pick your bike up, then you'll be old enough." This usually just gets a smile. I not only love my Spyder, but I'm proud to be old enough and to still continue to ride. I also just like to...
    Ride in comfort,
    John
    Yup, you hit it on the head...I put a set of 'training wheels' on my old PC800 because I'd dumped two other bikes (Honda ST100 and a Marauder) with my other half on the back...realized that the addition was a mistake on the PC because of the crappy handling characteristics it created, so traded up to a Spyder (I'm on my second one, a 2018 RT LTD)...never have I looked back..I'm now 78 and don't have to worry about it going over on me, or picking it up..or dumping the better half...

Oh and another question, why does one see so many Harleys in Pickup trucks or on trailers while out riding????.

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hershey View Post
    Oh and another question, why does one see so many Harleys in Pickup trucks or on trailers while out riding????.

It's an old joke: what do Harley's and German Shepards have in common? They both prefer to ride in the back of a pickup.

I spent my early years in Daytona going to bike week on an RD350. AMF still owned Harley at the time,and the quality was terrible. Even the owners knew it, but it was Harley or nothing for them. They'd occasionally comment about how I should get a "real" bike when I grew up, but I was never treated badly. There are always some in every group, but hardly all.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Sounds like , you just became - a Harley like showoff.