Spyder Garage

Default No audio when stopped just crackling

Good afternoon,

I am new to the forum and just bought a 2015 ST LTD yesterday. So far I totally love it but for 3 minor issues.

1. When riding audio is fine but when slow to stop not only does volume lower it stops and replaced by a horrible crackling noise. Start going again and music returns. There is a 3.5 audio cable po has coming from the rocker switch area but I am not sure yet where it goes. I finally turned off speakers to stop the racket when stopped.

2. The rocker switches are missing 2 where po has 2 wires comin from one and the other is open. Are blank covers readily available to fill in the space?

3. There is a mount at center of steering I originally thought was GPS but turns out just a phone holder. I have Garmin GPS unit that was in frank but no base. Is it worth getting base? Considered selling the GPS and just using google maps on my phone.

All minor things considering. Bike is just broke in with 700 miles on it when I bought it. It is in amazing condition 😎😄😎

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sodapop View Post
    Good afternoon,

I am new to the forum and just bought a 2015 ST LTD yesterday. So far I totally love it but for 3 minor issues.

1. When riding audio is fine but when slow to stop not only does volume lower it stops and replaced by a horrible crackling noise. Start going again and music returns. There is a 3.5 audio cable po has coming from the rocker switch area but I am not sure yet where it goes. I finally turned off speakers to stop the racket when stopped.

2. The rocker switches are missing 2 where po has 2 wires comin from one and the other is open. Are blank covers readily available to fill in the space?

3. There is a mount at center of steering I originally thought was GPS but turns out just a phone holder. I have Garmin GPS unit that was in frank but no base. Is it worth getting base? Considered selling the GPS and just using google maps on my phone.

All minor things considering. Bike is just broke in with 700 miles on it when I bought it. It is in amazing condition ������
    & .........I have an RT but I think the radio's work in a similar fashion ….. They have adjustable Audio volume , and the sound will / can increase or decrease automatically ( if set to do so ) ….. I'm sure someone with a similar ST will chime in …..mine doesn't ever crackle like yours tho ???? …….Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Two guesses:
    Loose main power connection
    OR
    Loose antenna.

What happens if you rev the engine a bit while standing still ?
    What if you bend the antenna just a bit......like the wind would do when moving ??

Spyder Garage

Welcome and congrats on your purchase!

Center of steering wheel on a normal ST LTD should have a removable rectangular rubber cap (part 65?)here on cheapcycleparts.com diagram https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...23e18/steering for mounting the GPS that should have come standard with your bike.
    It's possible that prior owner added a Ram mount or another type of mount for a cell phone. I recently added the Ram mount and X-grip from Lamonster and use my cell phone for GPS and music via Sena bluetooth.

If you're asking about the rectangular switch covers, I do not specifically see them listed in this diagram https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemp...ies-windshield, so it may be worthwhile to ask your dealer or contact Cheap Cycle Parts directly.
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic