2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup…
    And if it's not drinking: it's excessive speed...

or a really stupid combination of the two!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

About 35 years ago I decided I had to either stop drinking or stop riding. I stopped drinking. Riding never gave me a hangover. Have not had even a small drink since I quit. No meetings, no anonymous, just stopped, and have not had any desire to drink any adult beverages of any kind since.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Years ago and not long out of school I remember riding my motorcycle home and seeing this tree that just wouldn't get out of my way. I'd just left a party and alcohol had been the theme of the party. For whatever reason, the tree moved out of my way just enough for me to squeeze by. That was the last time ever rode three sheets to the wind.

Spyder Garage

NO drinking and driving!!

Many moons ago I came home from a TGIF ( thank G*d it's Friday) with a group of other teachers. Didn't have a garage door opener so I got off my bike and went to open the door ( which I had been doing since we bought the house) Forgot to put the kickstand down in my buzzed condition. Of course the 900F fell and broke the mirror and clutch lever. I was so pi$$ed I yanked the bike up so hard that it fell on the other side, doing the same damage

NO drinking and driving!!
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

The statistic is frightening.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Than

Reminders are always helpful.... thanks for the link and hope it reaches out there...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

If your riding your riding. If your drinking your drinking and don't ride. Pretty simple rules

Spyder Garage

Present Day, I don't drink and drive, period.

My concern is the other guy that's coming at me in the other lane. Is he sober?

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

FWEIW,...I quit drinking April 1977, going Cold Turkey, no Meetings, just sick & tired of hang overs. I have never touched another drop since. Staying sober has rewarded me in many, many ways. I should have been dead riding my Scooter drunk, when I’d see 4 headlights coming at me on the road, and closed one eye so I only saw 2!!
    007james

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    About 35 years ago I decided I had to either stop drinking or stop riding. I stopped drinking. Riding never gave me a hangover. Have not had even a small drink since I quit. No meetings, no anonymous, just stopped, and have not had any desire to drink any adult beverages of any kind since.
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I've been fortunate to have watched my family growing up - I've never had a drink in my life. Between the smell and the affects on them, I couldn't see the point.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Good video, but distracted driving needs to be addressed with the same seriousness. Cell phones, (text AND talking) along with other devices like a GPS can cause just as many problems and serious accidents. Something very few people ever think about is how fast they are going in terms of feet per second. At 75mph, you are covering 110fps. In the three or four seconds it takes to look at a cell phone or GPS, a lot can happen in that 330 to 440 feet. With situational blindness being a very real phenomenon, even talking hands-free on a cell phone can cause devastating results.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cruisinTX View Post
    Good video, but distracted driving needs to be addressed with the same seriousness. Cell phones, (text AND talking) along with other devices like a GPS can cause just as many problems and serious accidents. Something very few people ever think about is how fast they are going in terms of feet per second. At 75mph, you are covering 110fps. In the three or four seconds it takes to look at a cell phone or GPS, a lot can happen in that 330 to 440 feet. With situational blindness being a very real phenomenon, even talking hands-free on a cell phone can cause devastating results.
    Sounds like everything I'm learning to teach my potential students in my MSF Coach training course!!!
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I agree 100% with you. Yet in IA when they passed a no texting law, it was a $35 fine and LEOS chose to ignore it for "more important" concerns. I think they should all be treated to a hefty fine. Sometimes money is the only thing that talks.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On my Banner (see below), I state that "When I ride, I am the designated driver." Drinking and riding (driving) is a great way to GET DEAD! For me, one drink is too much.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    Sounds like everything I'm learning to teach my potential students in my MSF Coach training course!!!

hehe; a couple of my best friends are MSF instructors. The dad of that pair is one of the guys who travels around in the summer training new instructors, so I get a lot of bench training just hanging out with those guys. It also doesn't hurt that I've logged almost 460K miles on two wheels since 1968 (355K of that since April of 2000 when I came off a 20 year hiatus).

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

I agree 100%--I believe texting & driving causes more accidents than 2-3 drinks. Somewhere I had read that at a certain hour of the evening that 1 out of 9 people behind the wheel are over the DUI limit. The chain grocery stores in my area appear to allocate approx 10-15% of floor space for alcohol sales items. Liquid courage especially on a motorcycle can be a serious problem. Take your pick--daytime you are dodging the texting group, night time it's the alcohol impaired. The pharmacy group represent a fair % with both texting & alcohol.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black