Spyder Garage

Default Universal fit soft saddle bags on the ryker

Does anyone run with universal fit soft saddle bags on the ryker. Just draped over the max mount and tightened down there... any issues with doing something like this? I dont mean something with brackets. Just the throw-over tighten down type.

I would love to see some pics if anyone is doing this.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    Does anyone run with universal fit soft saddle bags on the ryker. Just draped over the max mount and tightened down there... any issues with doing something like this? I dont mean something with brackets. Just the throw-over tighten down type.

I would love to see some pics if anyone is doing this.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=1#post1476268

That is my set up. I bent my own stainless tubing and attached the ends to the bike (images should be farther up in that thread)

Last month I improved upon it by removing the bags and max mount and I ran the strap (shown in the picture going over the passenger seat) under the passenger seat. The new setup up shifted the saddlebags back slightly farther which actually improved the bag location. Before they were slightly in the way of the passenger foot pegs from folding up into the "stow" position. The back strap that goes over the seat in the picture now goes behind the passenger seat.

Spyder Garage

That looks good but i am asking about the throw-over bags that you dont have to use tubing for.

Spyder Garage

I tried that with a cheap set of bags I got on Amazon but they just flopped around since there was nothing to really bind them against. I ended up going with a Top Case last year, but I think I am going to try again using the Lamonster IPS Rack and Saddlebag standoffs.
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    That looks good but i am asking about the throw-over bags that you dont have to use tubing for.
    They are throw-over bags but there is not much support for throw over bags on the Ryker. You cinch up the straps and they dangle in mid air because of the open air design around the rear tire.

Spyder Garage

I have the cheap saddlebags that drape over the max mount, but I have not tried them YET. I have a large box on the back now and have not needed the extra space, yet. I have thought about trying them, but I think that they are going to need some sort of standoff to keep them from hitting the wheel. So far, the luggage box works fine and I have not needed to use the saddlebags.