Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I have company from ......oregon

A forum member here " Easy Super " & His bride - Ellie - made it to Boston …. using Hwy 20 acroos the entire country ( He has a Coast to Coast thread ) …… He and Ellie arrived Thurs ( 6-6-19 ) afternoon and will be staying until ( ? ) they decide to continue …. I think they have enjoyed my culinary skills ( haven't gotten sick -- Yet !! ) However I'm un-able to eat what I'm making for them ..... I'm suffering with " thick soup " ..... I pretty much had a dental crisis 2 weeks ago and had 12 teeth removed , The temp dentures can't be used because because my gums are swollen and tender …… We have done a bunch of my favorite roads and plan to do a bunch more, before they depart and head home ….. they are very good riders, and great company ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't consider losing 12 teeth to be a "dental crisis". I'd call that more a dental catastrophe. I know when I had to get upper dentures, life was miserable for a while. Thank god for Tylenol 3. Get well soon.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Now you need to come out to Oregon. I've ridden most of this great Country and nothing can top the NW for beautiful roads. I live in Newberg, Or., SW of Portland. I am 10 min., in any direction, to beautiful Moutain twists or miles of the Willamit Valley riding, the grass seed capital of the world. As one of the 6 founders of Spyder Ridere of America, the Columbia River chapter, I can say that the 100, or so, members are always open to our out of tow Spyder brothers and sisters.
    Ride in comfort ,
    John
    Seal Floorboards
    Last edited by sealfloorboards; 06-08-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A forum member here " Easy Super " & His bride - Ellie - made it to Boston …. using Hwy 20 acroos the entire country ( He has a Coast to Coast thread ) …… He and Ellie arrived Thurs ( 6-6-19 ) afternoon and will be staying until ( ? ) they decide to continue …. I think they have enjoyed my culinary skills ( haven't gotten sick -- Yet !! ) However I'm un-able to eat what I'm making for them ..... I'm suffering with " thick soup " ..... I pretty much had a dental crisis 2 weeks ago and had 12 teeth removed , The temp dentures can't be used because because my gums are swollen and tender …… We have done a bunch of my favorite roads and plan to do a bunch more, before they depart and head home ….. they are very good riders, and great company ……. Mike
    Have Dave show you how to post pictures and website links before he leaves!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Good lord Mike---- 12 teeth

I'm blessed with good teeth ( a dental hygienist saved my teeth, and I helped with good care since ) I'm in the middle of getting an implant though. I can't imagine loosing that many at once. I wish you a quick and painless recovery.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

How nice of you, Mike. Sorry about your dental issues.
    Ride on!

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Gotta watched those Oregonians they leave wet footprints wherever they go. It's because of the moss between their toes.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Yikes...!!!

Always nice to have friends stop by. Am sorry to hear about your dental issue. especially bad for a chef .. although I am partial to thick soups and stews.. heal well and soon you will be able to eat with a knife and fork...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Always nice to have friends stop by. Am sorry to hear about your dental issue. especially bad for a chef .. although I am partial to thick soups and stews.. heal well and soon you will be able to eat with a knife and fork...
    Actually Gene, I only knew them from … Spyderlovers …. never met them until the other day …… and initially back a few years ago, we had some serious dis-agreements ….. but that didn't matter as far as my offering to have them visit ...………...….Mike …… and thanks for yours and everyone else's good wishes about my Dental issues , I'll survive - because it is just a time thing for the healing process to occur …… Mike

Spyder Garage

They are two great folks. I live here in Oregon and am a charter member of the Columbia River Chapter. Been also following their thread. Let me introduce them ... Riding The Edge Blog.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike,
    Sorry to hear about all of those teeth...
    But you ought to make out like a Bandit: when the Tooth Fairy visits!
    And if you've got a really good Food Processor: you should be able to grind anything to the right consistency!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmwlarry View Post
    They are two great folks. I live here in Oregon and am a charter member of the Columbia River Chapter. Been also following their thread. Let me introduce them ... Riding The Edge Blog.
    Thanks for the link. I hope to make it to a meeting one of these months.
    Mike...Do ya suppose stirring in some pain killer into your soups will help? Just an idea!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mike,
    Sorry to hear about all of those teeth...
    But you ought to make out like a Bandit: when the Tooth Fairy visits!
    And if you've got a really good Food Processor: you should be able to grind anything to the right consistency!
    i
    Tooth Fairy didn't leave me a dime ………...… I have an Emersion blender, that is better because it's way easier to clean .,.... I start with a large can of various Progresso soups, add a can of mixed veggies, and a can of diced or pureed tomatoes …. plus 6 large cubes of chicken or pork or beef or lamb or turkey …… I puree cooked meats and put them in an ice-cube tray and freeze them ….. they thaw quickly and add protein to the mix. ………………..Today we rode over to my favorite BBQ place ( it really sucks when you can only watch )… near Benson VT..... on really great twisty roads ( they are very happy ) ….Tomorrow we are doing the " Champlain Islands " nice smooth roads with incredibly scenic views ( Roads are right on the water mostly, and very few tree's / bushes …….They are staying until Wed., then they hit the road for Corning NY and then up to Niagara Falls / Buffalo …… Later … Mike

Spyder Garage

What a good host you are Mike, taking your guests to a BBQ place and only able to be a spectator.

Spyder Garage

We had a great time with Mike and Max, I never knew that a bulldog could sound like something out of Starwars. He talks to Mike all the time,mostly asking for something to eat. My wife loves to cook and it was painful for her to watch Mike eat his soup after cooking great food for us. I hope he comes out to Oregon and we can Host him and show him some great PNW rides. We had great fun following Mike and the big Iguana that is on the back of his RT and it even Waves when cars pass by.
    232AC969-7C15-4071-8899-B6526E1A6132.jpgBE61D393-A87E-45B3-849E-2DF2212A7C15.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    We had a great time with Mike and Max, I never knew that a bulldog could sound like something out of Starwars. He talks to Mike all the time,mostly asking for something to eat. My wife loves to cook and it was painful for her to watch Mike eat his soup after cooking great food for us. I hope he comes out to Oregon and we can Host him and show him some great PNW rides. We had great fun following Mike and the big Iguana that is on the back of his RT and it even Waves when cars pass by.
    232AC969-7C15-4071-8899-B6526E1A6132.jpgBE61D393-A87E-45B3-849E-2DF2212A7C15.jpg
    Thanks for the compliments …. Max was a bit depressed after you left this morning …. I think He associates you with good FOOD …. Thanks for the pics …… you should post the pic of you guys in front of the house ………...And how far did you get today ???? ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike is a great host. Glad you folks enjoyed your stay in Vermont.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments …. Max was a bit depressed after you left this morning …. I think He associates you with good FOOD …. Thanks for the pics …… you should post the pic of you guys in front of the house ………...And how far did you get today ???? ….. Mike
    We made it to Middleville NY and stopped so Ellie could check out the Herkimer diamonds and buy souvenirs.
    71D616F2-DB80-4681-801B-5607F97DB44E.jpg0821307D-986A-42EB-95D7-146C1BBE24EF.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

We made it to Middleville NY and stopped so Ellie could check out the Herkimer diamonds and buy souvenirs.
    71D616F2-DB80-4681-801B-5607F97DB44E.jpg0821307D-986A-42EB-95D7-146C1BBE24EF.jpg
    That's Dave and Ellie in front of my home in Vermont ( the three car garage is on the left ) …… the other picture is ……………. a pile of rocks ???? ...… Mike

Spyder Garage

Dave - How is the THUMB pad I gave Ellie working for Her ???? ……………. Mike

Spyder Garage

She likes it, it fits her short fingers
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

HI, Did you get to Middleville, NY safe?

Did you enjoy your stay in Vermont?

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue