Spyder Garage

Default Brake light switch

Ok, so for a couple of weeks, I've got off the bike after parking it, gone back to the rear to get things out of the trunk and the brake light will be on, go to the peddle and just lightly touch up on the peddle and the light will go out. Don't do it every time but what a pain in the butt. Tonight I got home from work same thing, got under the bike everything is hotter than you know, chase it back I am finding this black rubber box with some wires going into it, linkages and rods running threw it. So I have to think the switch is in this little box that I still can not get close to, I grab a beer and try to find a picture of what's in this box in cheap cycle, can't find it yet. Will I be able to adjust this switch, or do I have to adjust the linkage arm that goes from peddle to this box? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Know the ST had switch issues,think others have just added a stronger return spring.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

There are two variation of the brake light switch used on the ST. My bike has the "new switch" that I cleaned with electronic contact cleaner. Then I trimmed the linkage stop button to half the original thickness. Everything works great. Cruise control works and brake light stays off.
    Good Luck, David C.

From my ST notes: On my ride yesterday there were several occasions when the cruise control wouldn't activate letting me know that the brake light was on. This morning I took the right side panels off so I could check the rear brake -- I removed the stop rubber button and trimmed off about 2/3 of the thickness of the button. Just tapping the brake seems to work O.K. but time will tell.

From my notes on the RT: Some riders add a second-helper spring to the brake pedal . I wasn't able to find the video on the RT brake spring again. However, from my notes: Lowes part# 543210 spring 7/16 dia x 2/1l8 long x .0471 wire with 1.97# tension. Hook spring between rear of brake pedal arm (behind the pivot?) and the spring eye on the catalytic converter.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the help guy's!! Going to the store to get a spring and get it in there some where, then if that don't help Ill shave the button! Didn't know that there was a switch in there for the curse also, that must be that second wire I am seeing going into that unit! Thanks again for the help!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl