Spyder Garage

Default Army's new uniform

I really was not a fan of the blue uniform. It made them look like mall cops. Now, if it more resembles the Civil War blues than that would have been good. But I do give a big thumbs up to this heritage uniform they plan to use.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...rvice-uniform/
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

That will keep the contractors very happy, busy and wealthy. Imagine how many tens or hundreds of thousands of uniform items will have to be made. This goes on quite often though. Every time there's a camo change, contractors make a fortune.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Heh, I used to tease my brother, a retired Col., about those dress blue pants with the stripes on the side. Told him they look like 'prisoner' pants...

Spyder Garage

I like them, they remind me of old school.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Iwas was almost hoping that they'd go with something like this:

Dredd.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Iwas was almost hoping that they'd go with something like this:

Dredd.jpg
    They could also go with this

2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I bought my dress blues to go to the inauguration and it was about $800 ish for the set. I imagine when the new ones are out proper that I'll wind up getting a set of those. I personally like the dress greens.
    2011 RT , Silver

Spyder Garage

That's one thing to be said about being a sailor in the 1950s, very limited uniform inventory. Dress and undress whites, dress and undress blues, dungarees, dungaree jacket, caps and that wonderful P-coat.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

All this will do is require the lower ranks to spend more $$$ on useless uniform changes that seem to have changed every few years. Hell, the Army adopted the ASU as their service uniform not to long ago. Another worthless decision from some officer so they can get his bullet put on their OER and move up the food chain. Majority of the war's are over so lets get back to whats important; uniform inspections, cutting grass and painting rocks. Just like Shinseki giving everyone a black beret for finishing AIT. Nothing like the brass adopting to everyone gets a trophy mentality.....I am so glad I am already retired.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    All this will do is require the lower ranks to spend more $$$ on useless uniform changes that seem to have changed every few years. Hell, the Army adopted the ASU as their service uniform not to long ago. Another worthless decision from some officer so they can get his bullet put on their OER and move up the food chain. Majority of the war's are over so lets get back to whats important; uniform inspections, cutting grass and painting rocks. Just like Shinseki giving everyone a black beret for finishing AIT. Nothing like the brass adopting to everyone gets a trophy mentality.....I am so glad I am already retired.
    The lower ranks get a clothing allowance. They also give them a lot of time to change over. Officers are generally expected to convert sooner, but they have the bucks. I mean, civilians in some jobs have to maintain suits, so I don't think it's unreasonable.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    The lower ranks get a clothing allowance. They also give them a lot of time to change over. Officers are generally expected to convert sooner, but they have the bucks. I mean, civilians in some jobs have to maintain suits, so I don't think it's unreasonable.
    The change over date is the same whether officer/enlisted. Thats a command driven issue. Yes, they get a clothing allowance but its not even close to cover the $1k price tag for the ASU that they went to. Not include if they needed PT's and or ACU/OCP's and boots.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    The change over date is the same whether officer/enlisted. Thats a command driven issue. Yes, they get a clothing allowance but its not even close to cover the $1k price tag for the ASU that they went to. Not include if they needed PT's and or ACU/OCP's and boots.
    True, it won't cover everything. But most people have to buy their work cloths. The military is not underpaid like it was before Reagan.

I remember when the AF went from wool to gabardine for the dress blues. Although there was a cut off, Officers where still unofficially expected to turn over quickly.
    2019 Rally , Black