Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self Leveling

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Fully explained on page 48 and 49 of your owners manual.
    Thanks for your answer. Very helpful. As most of the time on this board. I found my answer on page 593 out of my electronic owners manual of 1078 pages. Max PSI 100lbs.....
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    I have an 18 RTL and tho the "ride hieght" may be automatic adding air to the valve stiffens the ride noticeably. If you are bottoming out on bumps add air pressure.I equate this valve with turning a standard shock up or down a notch. Be careful adding air,it doesn't take much to increase pressure quite a bit.A couple bumps of the chuck does it.
    Get your Spyder fixed before the warranty runs out.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Now I'm curious,does an RT limited have the auto suspension in rear or is it an option? Don't believe I've ever heard a compressor run or air released...

Spyder Garage

I believe is standard equipment on a RT limited, but not on the no-frills RT.

Spyder Garage

I have the vanilla 14 RT. And manual fill is with an air compressor. The info is on pages 57 and 58 in MY book. The bladder in my ride leaks down. Not superfast but it does leak down. I took it to the shop and the answer I got was, there is no leak, all is well. I find it humorous that after a few months, I check the air and pump it up. I read in the manual about a Bar Graph near the fill valve but I've never seen it. I'll look today. And yes, the forum is the source I go to first for info. Thanks for whoever hosts the forum.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    This is especially true if the bottom just barely drags when going up a loading ramp.......and putting it at the highest setting gets it to clear.

New isn't always better.

There are a LOT of things I hate about the '18 model year changes and I will NEVER have one.....never, ever.
    Or, as I found out (see my own thread) you lowered the air pressure for a softer ride and didn't realize that this also lowered the ride height ... causing your Spyder to scrape on your trailer and damage it.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    Now I'm curious,does an RT limited have the auto suspension in rear or is it an option? Don't believe I've ever heard a compressor run or air released...
    18 RT Limited do have "AUTOMATIC" Air ride leveling, older models with ACS have Driver adjustable from a switch aft of the steering column with a display (bar graph) on the digital dashboard when activated/adjusted, 18's don't show this visibly. Some RT models don't have the switch, they just have the air valve under the seat.

Since '18's and later RT Limited have the Automatic air ride leveling, (Highlighted as a KEY Feature on '18 RT Limiteds as "Automatic Self-leveling Rear Air Suspension" it's doubtful the rider could hear the compressor making any adjustment as it would only adjust while riding after significant weight change since it last adjusted for the sensed fore/aft weight balance (or ride angle as determined by the Ride Height sensor that moves with the swing arm).
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

From reading the manual on my '14, the RT-S has the auto level as well - the dash button is for controlling the firmness of the ride. it is a little confusing, but between the spec sheets and manual, that's the way I read it. The '18+ eliminated the dash button. Honestly, I've played with it a bit while riding, and I don't notice a big difference. Since it's onoly controlling the rear air bag, it doesn't seem to be much of a use for it.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Actually the OP was just asking about the RTL's system and he did read his manual but was confused by it. No one knows everything and that is why they ask questions.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White