Thread: Limp mode.

Spyder Garage

Post Limp mode.

Hi everyone, have been looking at this great forum for some time and have now finally joined. Have a problem with my 09 SE5 that has been disgust here before but would like to list what i have recently done as this may help with some advice on the problem.Changed the oil and both filters using BPR products, done everything as stated in the operators guide, yep, i now have , check engine VSS Limp Home being displayed. No oil light on, all levels are good. Now i also changed my two rear lights with the same style bulb but in a LED and my licence plate with a small LED (sorry, this one is off shore) MY battery was weak so i got one from the dealer. I have checked all related fuses and battery connections, drove it for about 25 miles, held the throttle at 3000 in neutral and still got the codes, if this comes down to those damn lights i will be so happy. Thanks for reading, any help will be greatly appreciated

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Do you have an RS or GS and what codes are you getting?
    2012 RTL , Brown

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Try turning the key off and on 3times
    Make sure all the fuzes are in place and tight

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Irishman View Post
    Hi everyone, have been looking at this great forum for some time and have now finally joined. Have a problem with my 09 SE5 that has been disgust here before but would like to list what i have recently done as this may help with some advice on the problem.Changed the oil and both filters using BPR products, done everything as stated in the operators guide, yep, i now have , check engine VSS Limp Home being displayed. No oil light on, all levels are good. Now i also changed my two rear lights with the same style bulb but in a LED and my licence plate with a small LED (sorry, this one is off shore) MY battery was weak so i got one from the dealer. I have checked all related fuses and battery connections, drove it for about 25 miles, held the throttle at 3000 in neutral and still got the codes, if this comes down to those damn lights i will be so happy. Thanks for reading, any help will be greatly appreciated
    yes it's the led lites the can bus system is that sensitive I had the exact same thing happen to me
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Thank's to all who responded regarding the limp mode problem, yes it was the LED light's that i had put in the licence plate and the rear light's. Replaced these with the originals and the codes were gone right from start up, back to full power and loving it!