Spyder Garage

Default Trying to find a seat for our 13 rt limited

Hey guys we are trying to find a seat for our bike it’s 13 rt limited we would like to find a comfort seat in good shape and reasonable I’m 6’7” and could use alittle extra room. Lol. It has the stock seat now and it’s ok just need to make some space for me and my wife trying to find a thinner backrest for her to move back alittle more too any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Spyder Garage

Due to your height, I would contact Russell Day Long seats. You will have to send your seat pan in. I just got the seat on my BMW R1200RT done this past winter. I resisted spending the money and tried another aftermarket seat 1st. I won't make that mistake again. Great investment.

They actually build the seat to your size requirements.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Laamseats.com
    I have a Russell as well, on another bike. The Laam is more comfortable for me.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Absolutely a Russell Day Long seat. Get it done right and you'll never regret it. Great seat = Great ride!
    Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

First - welcome to the Forum. I'd suggest spending less money right now and try an Air Hawk seat first. Sure works for a lot of other Spyder Ryders. If you decide it is not for you -- no harm, no foul..... no large investment lost.
    Just my $.02 worth.

https://airhawk.net/
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I'm on my 8th Russell. The one they built for the RT was just what you asked for including thinning the back rest. If the rest of the Spyder was as good as the seat I might still have it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1971 View Post
    Hey guys we are trying to find a seat for our bike it’s 13 rt limited we would like to find a comfort seat in good shape and reasonable I’m 6’7” and could use alittle extra room. Lol. It has the stock seat now and it’s ok just need to make some space for me and my wife trying to find a thinner backrest for her to move back alittle more too any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks
    Just a suggestion from having built a few custom seats for my bikes and a few for others. I use Arma-Flex insulation for my custom builds and have found the firmness and rebound of it to be ideal for long days in the saddle. It can be purchased in various thicknesses from 1/4" to 2" at HVAC shops in 3' x 4' sheets. Last time I bought a sheet locally, the 1" was $50. At your height, 2 layers of that would be a great help and I think you will be impressed with the comfort level. The same 1" sheet can be used to replace the original pad on the backrest as well and use the same cover. As for covering the seat itself, if there is not enough material rolled underneath, local upholstery shops for either furniture or automobiles will be much more affordable than a bike specific shop. I would also highly recommend looking at a material called Illusion Leather for the cover. It is the modern version of Naugahyde and is about as good a material as you will find for a seat. It is almost indestructible, completely water proof and just as comfortable as leather.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)