Thread: Boot review

Spyder Garage

Default Boot review

I wanted to share a boot review with everyone as a way of sharing some knowledge. I was shopping for boots and asked here for some recommendations and went to a national cycle shop to try some on. I did not feel comfortable with a traditional motorcycle boot. My friend suggested I try Bates Sport Tactical. I did and they felt good so I bought them. Not to sound like a fanboy, but these boots are incredible. Very comfortable out of the box, cool, comfortable and perfect to wear at work. Highly recommended for Spyderfolks.
    Thanks for everyone's help!

Jim

Spyder Garage

I just bought a pair of Alpinestar touring boots, but for the last 7 years I've been wearing a pair of these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACKHAWK...3e23c3b66b4cea

Like your Bates boots---these rascals were by far the most comfortable "riding" boot I've ever owned (including the new Alpinestars) for walking, working, etc, and were water proof to "boot"! Glad you like the Bates you got!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Good thing about the new Spyder, don't need to buy boots with shifter peg protector on them. Thumb just gets calluses now.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

+++ for the Bates boots "One of Bates most popular styles, this classic 8" tactical boot features a side zip for easy on and off and cushioned removable insert for extra comfort." Only drawback is not all of them are waterproof, BUT, they flow a ton of air and usually dry out fairly quick unless they get really soaked.

https://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en/home

They have lots to choose from including motorcycle specific models. I have 3 pair of side zip tactical composite toe boots. GREAT!

Ride Safe.
    Shoot Straight.
    Speak the Truth.

David & Deb Parsons
    "Sarge"
    2015 Circuit Yellow Spyder RT Limited
    2010 Velocity Yellow Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager
    AMSOIL
    AMA Member
    AVA Member
    VROC Member
    KawaNOW Member
    Patriot Guard Rider
    US Army M.I., Retired
    NRA Instructor & N.C. CCW Instructor
    Never mind Area51. Worry about the other 50, or more!
    2015 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I love my Icon Field Armor 1 boots, but they're not the best for walking in.
    2014 RT-S , Orange