Spyder Garage

Default Part Identification (Torx Screw) Help Please

Looking to find the part number of the two short T30 Torx screws used on the lower side panel, one at the lower front capturing the water deflector and lower panel, and one under the seat all the way at the rear. Looking through the Can Am on-line parts diagrams for the body panels, I only find two references to a bolt shorter than 20mm.

2018 RT Limited SE6

09- Body And Accessories - Panels

Item 5490 Torx Truss Screw M6 X 12 P.N. 250000767 (I think this may be it)

Item 5660 Torx-Truss Pt K40 X 16 P.N. 250000759

Any help would be appreciated. Those drawings are hard to cipher!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

You can go to most any hardware store and get torx screws, metric or SAE in several different materials. They will be a lot cheaper than what the dealers want for them and the same or better quality. You can buy torx screws threaded all the way up and saw them off with a fine tooth hack saw to any length they need to be. It is best to keep a small three square file in your tool box to straighten the ends after you saw them and fix the thread ramp.

Just make sure the ones you buy in a hardware store are compatible with the metal they are being screwed in to. Take one of the old screws with you to be sure you are getting the right ones.

https://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-i...d-galling.aspx
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You maybe right for the 5490..

7810 and 7815 if that's the panel screw under the seat that I am thinking about??

Pictures would help..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    You maybe right for the 5490..

7810 and 7815 if that's the panel screw under the seat that I am thinking about??

Pictures would help..
    trikermutha,

7810 is the standard M6 x 20 Torx with a washer that is typically used on the painted surfaces. These is the only 2 short screws encountered when taking the RTL lower side panel off.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you said under seat I was assuming the 7810?

Have a picture of what you need?

Spyder Garage

Not yet, I've got the rear wheel took off putting USA made wheel bearings in there. I'll get a picture when I finish that. I appreciate the help!
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So you found compatible bearings??

Spyder Garage

Absolutely. I found that SKF 6205-2RSH or SKF-6205-2RS1 are good to go. They have a standard clearance, which is appropriate for motorcycles, and as a bonus made in the USA. The H and 1 at the end specify 2 different kinds of rubber contact seals, different compositions. What you don't want to see is another suffix -JEM or -C3, -C2 or any of the various letter and number combinations that follow the -2RSH (or 1). I'm pretty confident that a looser -C3 bearing would work, but why play with chance? I'll write up something later and summarize my bearing fiasco, but I now have a pretty good understanding of the Spyder rear wheel. Now watch me go down the road and have a rear bearing failure!
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

trikermuthu,

Here is where it is located. Side lower panel, under the seat by rear switch on a RTL. There are 2 of them, one all the way at the bottom front securing the panel to the water deflector.Short T30 Screw Under Seat 2018 RTL.jpg
    h0gr1der

Spyder Garage

Part number 250000350 is what you need.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think its this one..Just like you posted. I know that rear one under the seat is a short one too.. Let me search more to be sure about the seat one

Torx Truss Screw M6 X 12

Looks like the 5660 if for the front part of the panels the ones you are suppose to not turn that have the curved end on them and push into the grommet.

Here it is under luggage

Torx Screw M6 X 12

Not sure why they are two different part numbers??

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I put that part number in, no results. Where is it located in the online parts manual?
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This it what it looks like

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/...0350-part.html

Spyder Garage

This it what it looks like

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/...0350-part.html
    That one is an M6 x 20 (mm long) That is the standard body panel screw. I'm more inclined to believe it is 12-15mm long. It is the shortest T30 I've removed from the bike yet.
    h0gr1der

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    That one is an M6 x 20 (mm long) That is the standard body panel screw. I'm more inclined to believe it is 12-15mm long. It is the shortest T30 I've removed from the bike yet.
    I believe my post #11 is what you need.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=

Here it is under luggage

Torx Screw M6 X 12

Not sure why they are two different part numbers??[/QUOTE]

I now agree with this as it was not clear under the parts break down for the picture you showed, but I do know that the rear screw used on the left hand water deflector is the same size used on the rear top panel screws (as shown in your picture).
    The parts break down clearly shows that as 250000454
    Sorry for my last post!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the guidance. Those parts diagrams are hard to read, and the parts naming is atrocious. Why is it a Truss screw, and not just a Torx screw, M6x12?

I ordered a few along with some of the M6 panel nuts, they were cheaper at Cheap Cycle Parts.
    h0gr1der