Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default JT Motorsport Frederick MD.

JT MotorSport In Frederick Maryland is a fairly new Can Am Dealer (just in the last say 18 months). I needed some seals for the rear axel on my 2012 Spyder RTL that I'm changing the rear tire on so I thought now would be a good time to check them out. I looked on the web site and it said they had S2S in stock and some RTLs in stock and F3L in stock and Rykers in stock. It also said that they do laser alignment., tire changes, oil and all other repair work services. This dealer is 38 miles form my home and the dealer that I would normally go to is MotorSports Cycle Shop in Hanover PA. it is 43 miles away from my home. So off I went to JT Motoersports, I found the place easy and went in with the wife to look at the Spyders before I get the parts I need. Once I got in the door there were only 3 Spyder in there all were gray F3L all the same nothing else. There were a lot of two wheelers dirt bike and some street bikes and accessories. So I just went to the far end of the store where the part counter was and asked for the parts I needed, I gave the young man a list with two part numbers and name of part i.e. o ring the other was a seal. I told him it was for a 2012 Can Am Spyder RTL. He tried to pull the numbers up in his system it took him ten minutes (felt like an hour) he said he was having trouble with the system. So while waiting for the system to reboot I asked him if they did laser alignments and he told me he did not think so that they did not have the tools yet but he could go back and ask the service guys I said please do and ask how much it will cost also. So he went back and asked when he came back he said that yes they do, do Laser Alignment and that it would cost $189.99 and maybe a little more if they needed to use shims or something like that (it made no sense to me). So he got his computer running and got the part numbers in he said he would have to order the parts I wanted and they would be in next week. I said never mind and that you should have that stuff on hand because every time you change a rear tire you should replace them parts.

So I left and went to my normal place Motorsports Cycle Shop in Hanover PA. Looked at the S2S there and RTL and F3L asked for the parts I needed I gave the man the list with the part numbers and before I could tell him what it was he knew and said Let me get them for you, two minutes he was back with the parts and I asked him about doing a Laser Alignment (I know they do lots of them) He said I could call any time to set up a time to get it done and it would cost $125.00.

REVIEW: JT Motorsports in Frederick I will let you be the judge, I will not go back they don't have a clue. Maybe with a few years of experience they will get better.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 04-01-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

When it comes to inventory in stock, most dealers post the generic pages from BRP. They show everything, whether they have it or not. My dealer in AK did that all the time.

If you are looking for a specific model & color...you need to make a phone call first. Trust but verify is the theme here.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    When it comes to inventory in stock, most dealers post the generic pages from BRP. They show everything, whether they have it or not. My dealer in AK did that all the time.

If you are looking for a specific model & color...you need to make a phone call first. Trust but verify is the theme here.
    Some were listed as in stock and others (different colors) not in stock and said they were not. So it was just a review of his web site and I did want to see the S2S and RT I had not been in a Dealership for more than 2 years. So it was nice to see the new stuff when I went to the Hanover PA. dealership. He told me he has sold 5 S2S so far and has no more in stock, the one on the floor I saw was sold. so it looks like they are selling real well.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Bought my 2021 RTL from them. They bent over backwards to find a dealer with the color Spyder I wanted. Took it in for my 3k check up and waited for it. This was in July. I know at that time they had a lot of new people in service. Won't take my bike any where else. I live about an hour away.

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

They were the first dealership (Motosports in Hanover) that I took my RTL to and I can't imagine going anywhere else. Before I knew about them, I went to Pete's in Baltimore and asked the service guys what the first service would cost. His reply: "around $500 plus parts", never went back. Motosports charges just over $200 and fixed things that the dealer I had purchased from didn't do correctly!
    Last edited by SpyderConvert; 02-18-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will never ever set foot in this dealership again. I was originally referred to them by Can-am as I was looking for a Ryker in Febuary of 2021.

Nobody ever Called or Emailed as stated would happen in the Can-Am email so I decided to go to JT as the Can Am email welcomed me to come in on my own.

I went to JT and there was only one Spyder an F3 LTD in the showroom,no Rykers no RT's no F3's and most important of all no sales men to talk to.

I waited around for about 30 minutes and at times showing I was really interested in this machine by laying on the floor and looking up under it trying to hint to anyone at the store I was there to buy something.

Eventually 2 men which I assume were sales or some other type of employees walked by and said " you look good on it" chuckled and walked away behind the counter and started talking between themselves.

I finally found someone to talk to me about where any of the demos of floor models were but they didn't know about it and said that they thought they were still in crates in the back. I just left at that point at went to Motomember their sales team was great and was able to get me hooked up with my F3.

Billy was able to easily upsell me to a 2020 F3 for a base of 15,100 which beat out anyone else. I found out when I tried sitting on the Ryker that I would not be comfortable on it and would outgrow it very quickly.

I make it a point to go out of my way more than 40 miles to go to Motomember, Motorsports inc in Hanover, or Brooks powersports up by Harrisonburg (the parts guy there Rob is awesome and went out of his way to find a specialty part that I needed for doing pierre's high risers) and not use JT even though I live less than 5 miles away from them because of the way they just crapped on my dream of owning a Ryker/Spyder.

If you read the reviews on google I'm not the only one this has happened to at JT. Their sales people really don't like Spyder's or Spyder people.
    Last edited by CloverHillCrawler; 08-09-2022 at 05:11 PM.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black