Spyder Garage

Default soon to be new Spyder RTL owners

greetings local Lehigh Valley, PA spyder owners. my wife and I are in the market to purchase a new 2019 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (white w/ dark trim) ... we visited Blackman’s in Emmaus and was recommended to return on Sat., June 15 for their Can Am demo day to “test” some of the Can Am models. can anybody provide positive feedback for Blackmans AND how much should we expect to pay for a brand new 2019 Can Am Spyder RT Limited? unfortunately, we did not see any forums on “how much did you pay for your Can Am Spyder?” also, would you recommend that we visit Schaeffers Motorsports (just north of Hamburg) to get comparison pricing (although, Blackmans is much closer). I did read a couple forums recommending a Spyder Lovers sponsor website which includes free shipping, but we would rather purchase/have our new Spyder serviced from who we purchase.

Thank You in advance for any information you are able to offer AND we look forward to seeing all the Spyder owners on the Lehigh Valley roadways (parking lots)

Spyder Garage

I can't comment on that dealer, but usually buying locally is a good idea for service later.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum!
    I went to https://www.motomember.com/ because my local didnt want to talk. Im 200 miles one way and drive 50 miles one way for service in windber,Pa.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Remember; floating a loan you can't afford to buy stuff you "need";is the American way!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

I can't speak on Blackman's, but I can highly recommend Smith Marine in Doylestown, PA.
    If you want, look up the US Spyder Ryders Mid-Atlantic group on Facebook...they're a good group based up your way, and someone can probably answer.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Rob3, we purchased our 2019 RTL about 3 months ago here in Colorado for 25900 +tax. I hear they were about 4Kish more last year without the rebate. Service dept is important to make sure you get a good feeling from them. I asked to meet the mechanics and see the service dept before I bought it. Unfortunately that didn’t pay off as these guys left hardware loose/missing and i discovered this at home. My plan is do do all maintenance myself with the exception of warranty work when possible. Good luck in your search.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raprider View Post
    I can't speak on Blackman's, but I can highly recommend Smith Marine in Doylestown, PA.
    If you want, look up the US Spyder Ryders Mid-Atlantic group on Facebook...they're a good group based up your way, and someone can probably answer.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
    I recommend Smith Marine in Doylestown also,great people to deal with and great prices.They were one of the first dealers to sell spyders.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck.

Spyder Garage

I'm in Colorado. Where did you buy your 2019 and where are you taking your warranty work? We're close to buying a 2019 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rob3spyder View Post
    ... I did read a couple forums recommending a Spyder Lovers sponsor website which includes free shipping, but we would rather purchase/have our new Spyder serviced from who we purchase.
    Would you purchase your new Spyder from a a local dealership that employed two dozen left handed simian technicians? IMO, THE most important characteristic in selecting a Spyder dealership is the quality of the service department and its technicians. You pays your money and takes your chances if you ignore the quality of service department in the dealership you are buying from.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S