Spyder Garage

Default What bluetooth devices will work?

have a question about my rt spyder have adaptor in trunk and would like to get a blue tooth reciever so i can play my pandora through speakers on aux. bought one, not sure if its cheap but when i take off u can hear humming through right speakers with music playing. is there a certain type of bluetooth reciver i can get to eliminate that noise? ty frank
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-01-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Moved from Do's & Don'ts thread!

Spyder Garage

Good luck with that. The radio on my Spyder doesn't receive stations very well and so I got a LOT of noise trying to use an adaptor. I finally just opted to use blue tooth with a Sena SMH10R on my helmet.

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

brp connect app on phone is only way to bluetooth direct to bike.Unless there is a ipod type of device that you can dwnld an app to ?

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Give me a call I may be able to help you with this problem
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cobravip55 View Post
    have a question about my rt spyder have adaptor in trunk and would like to get a blue tooth reciever so i can play my pandora through speakers on aux. bought one, not sure if its cheap but when i take off u can hear humming through right speakers with music playing. is there a certain type of bluetooth reciver i can get to eliminate that noise? ty frank

Spyder Garage

What year is your Spyder?

What you described should work and should not make any difference what BT stereo audio receiver you used. It just may be that the receiver you got is defective or there is something wrong with the wiring in your Spyder. Plug your phone in directly and see if this works or the problem still exists.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

As per my previous post about the "new and improved" audio/bluetooth from the firmware upgrade it's all possible without any other hardware.
    I turn on the Sena 5 on my helmet then start the bike. The helmet connects and the radio from my bike plays through the speakers in the helmet. I then turn on the blue tooth on my android phone and it connects to the bike. Now I have two choices. Fm radio from the bike to the head set or Pandora from the phone to the head set THROUGH the bike. It's a matter of hitting the blue tooth or FM setting on the display. And with the phone connected you can bring up your contact list on the display, make a call, answer a call what ever with the rocker jog dial. It's pretty nice now that it works the way it should......

2018 Spyder RT
    Custom Pinstriping by Fastripe.com see video @ https://www.dropbox.com/s/5icsez0g0w...iping.mp4?dl=0
    18" floor boards
    Ram mount phone X holder
    Ram mount cup holder

Spyder Garage

I use this bluetooth adapter on my 2012 RT to do just what you are doing:

https://www.amazon.com/BK01-Bluetoot...11-spons&psc=1

I mounted the actual receiver to the left side of the passenger, so my wife can skip songs she doesn't like.

Sometimes I get engine and shifting noises through the right channel, I've found that positioning of the power adapter and usb power cable impacts whether or not I will pick up the interference. Also a slightly loose power adapter will cause this as well... at least in my experience.