Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT Limited...Bluetooth blues

Well, got the new 2018 about a week ago and have been 'leaning' on the internet to try and decide what to do with bluetooth....
    Finally got the BRP Connect to work with my Samsung S4 and got Accuweather, REVA, and SyGig downloaded and working....don't much care for Sygig as it shows all my local State Roads as Freeways and 70MPH limits...'sorry officer, I was only going by what the GPS said the speed limit was'.......anyway, my question (finally) is with the phone on bluetooth, communicating with the dashboard via BRP Connect, how does a bluetooth enabled helmet with say a Sena S10 manage to interface with GPS running bluetooth, Music, intercom and all the rest of it??? Seems really complicated to me, but then I'm a 1st Gen guy living in a 4th Gen world....

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Not sure what you are asking you can do with the phone when it is connected to the BRP app, but the owner's manual specifically states the phone's direct input functions are disabled when connected to the BRP app through the frunk's USB port. So if you can't do the things you want to do using ONLY the ECC's (Electronic Command Center) Joystick Button (see page 22 of the 2019 Owner's Manual), then either something isn't connected correctly or the procedure you are using is wrong.

You said it "seems really complicated to me". It can be if you aren't familiar with how to make it all work. What you want to do requires connecting the phone to the bike via the USB port in the frunk, but also enabling your phone's AND your helmet's Bluetooth so they can "talk" to each other AND the bike too. Three electronic "connections" that have to ALL be done properly so it will all "play nice" together. Might take a bit of study and trial and error until you get it right. But download and use the 2019 Owner's Manual for the instructions on how to do it. The 2018 manual is woefully short on the information on how to do it correctly.

Heck, I did professional IT ("computers") for over 40 years. I was initially pulling my own hair out when I first tried to connect it all on my new Spyder. But I finally read enough about it to get it done right. It will work. But you CAN'T use direct inputs on your phone anymore once you connect the phone to the BRP app. Your phone's direct input capability gets disabled (not sure if that may be what you expect you could still do or not).

EDIT: Just as a sanity check, has your new 2018 had the firmware update done for it yet? If not, you won't get any of the stuff to "play nice" together until THAT is done. There are plenty of other threads about the firmware update if you're not sure what it's all about.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Ah, thanks FalconAF....I have managed to get the BRP Connect to work and have used Accuweather and Sisyg ??? (dang thing shows all my State Routes as Interstate) so I just uninstalled it...still have REVER and Genius to use...thats a great tip about the 2019 Manual, which I will download, and since I just got the 2018 two weeks ago, I would hope the firmware was updated. I will check that tomorrow when the dealer opens up. I ordered a Sensa 10S dual set and it is on the way....I suppose somewhere in the settings on the bike it will tell me the firmware version...gotta look for that...

I too was IT for AT&T before retirement, but that really didn't prepare me for all this phone 'stuff'... so I"ll bumble along till' I get it figured out...

Spyder Garage

Hah....just did a yippy search and can't find a manual for the 2019....only the 2018 and earlier which I already have downloaded.

Spyder Garage

The 2019 RT operator's guide is found in the same place as the 2018, http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...adster&type=og. Just drill down at MY 2019.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks!!! Got it....don't think that is where I downloaded my 2018 manual from before I got the bike...

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hershey View Post
    Ah, thanks FalconAF....I have managed to get the BRP Connect to work and have used Accuweather and Sisyg ??? (dang thing shows all my State Routes as Interstate)
    Sygic doesn't really show them as Interstates. But it does show the highway numbers inside Interstate symbols. Don't know why they do that. As far as speeds it shows what the speed limits actually are for those roads. At least that has been my experience using Sygic on my tablet for over 5 years.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)