Thread: Tires

Spyder Garage

Default Tires

Does anyone know of a good place in Hesperia Ca. To get new tires and installation?

TX Bob

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    Does anyone know of a good place in Hesperia Ca. To get new tires and installation?

TX Bob
    Thank you for your Service ….. Most folks here switch to Auto tires, when the Kenda's wear out ( rear very quickly ) You can get Auto tires online , then take the front wheels to just about any tire install shop and they will do it and have them Spin balanced … the rear is a bit more complicated …. Maybe your dealer will do it maybe NOT …..check first …. Mike

Spyder Garage

The for the quick response and you are welcome. My dilemma is that I am thinking about purchasing a 2012 RT in Hesperia Ca. I live almost 200 miles away. The tires are original. The Spyder was purchased new in 2014. I ask about weather checking and cracks in the tire but they are somewhat unsure as to the condition. So, I am trying to help from long distance. If there is someone on the forum from around that area that would lend both of us some assistance, I would appreciate it.

Spyder Garage

If it was parked in an attached garage or similar situation the tires should be OK. As long as they aren't totally worn out, anyway.
    If it was parked in the sun and the tires are in bad shape, well I personally wonder if it's a good buy. Depends on price at that point....
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Hello jarvis, and also thank you for your service. BlueKnight is right, The Kenda's are not very good tires at all. I had persistent balance issues with the front and the rear was worn out after 6,000 miles (10,000 KM). I put on car tires front and back last month, had them balanced and a laser alignment. Bike rides much, much better now. If the bike is solid and all it needs is tires.....?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jarvis View Post
    The for the quick response and you are welcome. My dilemma is that I am thinking about purchasing a 2012 RT in Hesperia Ca. I live almost 200 miles away. The tires are original. The Spyder was purchased new in 2014. I ask about weather checking and cracks in the tire but they are somewhat unsure as to the condition. So, I am trying to help from long distance. If there is someone on the forum from around that area that would lend both of us some assistance, I would appreciate it.
    Yep they are a bit old …. I am more concerned with " flat spotting " do to lack of use ….. maybe they can send some pics of the worst looking area …. Mike