Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Barkbuster Storm hand guards

I'm thinking of getting something like this to provide better hand protection in cold, wet riding conditions. Thoughts?

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/bark...ar-end-inserts
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I can't speak for that particular Brand / Model , but the concept works …… quite a few folks here have put some type of Guard on their Spyders ….. It make s sense if you ride in colder temps …. I know DENNISKIRK>COM has a few different types ….. How they attach is critical ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi from NewZealand, I have recently installed a set of Can Am heated grips (Kit P/N 219 400 356 ) to my 2015 ST. Found them to be reasonably easy to fit as all the wiring is already in place, just a bit of patience and the time to do the job !! I also fitted a pair of Barkbuster handguards and found them to be great. I selected the Carbon models (STM-007 Carb) which are a bit more expensive but fit perfectly and look good. All in all I find the combination a great fix for cold didgits on cold days and mean for a more comfortable ride. ....Pete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rangamahoe View Post
    Hi from NewZealand, I have recently installed a set of Can Am heated grips (Kit P/N 219 400 356 ) to my 2015 ST. Found them to be reasonably easy to fit as all the wiring is already in place, just a bit of patience and the time to do the job !! I also fitted a pair of Barkbuster handguards and found them to be great. I selected the Carbon models (STM-007 Carb) which are a bit more expensive but fit perfectly and look good. All in all I find the combination a great fix for cold didgits on cold days and mean for a more comfortable ride. ....Pete.
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming it.

Mine is an RT, so will have to use the single point of attachment at the bar ends, I believe.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can anyone tell me if the bar end internal thread on the RT handlebars is 6mm or 8mm or something else?

Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the bar end internal thread on the RT handlebars is 6mm or 8mm or something else? Thanks.
    Bump.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Bump.
    I put these on a Yamaha Vmax. No problems with single point being able to handle 135 mph. Since I also have a 2016 F3L I can see no installation issues. My F3L is 6 mm. But not to worry, you can easily go to a local hardware store for an 8mm if needed. I went with the carbon fiber and the look really first class in finish. I have had the Storm single point plastic versions on other bikes and the plastic really looses it's shine quickly after several cleanings.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

I also fitted a pair of Barkbuster handguards and found them to be great. I selected the Carbon models (STM-007 Carb) which are a bit more expensive but fit perfectly and look good.
    Can't find the carbon model Storms on Barkbuster's website nor does that part no come up. Black - no problem but no carbon.
    Where did you buy them ? Pictures ?
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Can't find the carbon model Storms on Barkbuster's website nor does that part no come up. Black - no problem but no carbon.
    Where did you buy them ? Pictures ?
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...-vps-storm-jet

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...eaded-bar-ends

This combination will fit our bar ends.
    Dennis

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I finally got them installed. But, now they almost completely block my rearview side mirrors. Anyone else had this problem? I think they stick too far out in front of the hand grips.

Update; since I have the Triaxial bars, I rotated them down far enough for the BB to clear the mirrors, so that's resolved. I find it to be a more comfortable seating and arm position too, but this next trip will be the test of that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Hi, can share pictures of the installed Barkbuster handguards...Thanks

Spyder Garage

6 mm. I have these on all my bikes. Usually the first farkle I add. Nice in the rain as well as the cooler weather.
    2015 RT , Black