Been working out the best way to carry crutches and a few other modifications for the Spyder. Before the Spyder I was riding a modified 01 Harley Sportster trike with crutch holders and other modifications.

Just finished putting the crutch holders and leg rest on the Spyder. My left leg is amputated at the knee and I can no longer wear a prosthetic leg due to bone growths and scar tissue. I walk with a full length crutches and need them where they can be quickly locked to the bike or removed for use.

On the front I removed the foot peg from the left side and used the peg mount to hold the lower crutch holders. I realize this would not work for everyone, but I have no left foot, so no need for a left foot peg. Crutch tips slip into the tubes bolted to the peg mount.

It is just some pieces of stainless steel tubing. Some of the older ones were made from muffler pipe. Made these with stainless. They don't rust and can be polished or painted.

Upper brackets have a Koplin Clamp bolted to the stub outs for the passenger grab rail. The mounts are behind the grab rail and do not interfere with it. Also added some loops to hold bungee cords since the places to tie anything down on the Spyder are very limited.

Very simple and easy.......... just slip the crutch tips in the tubes and lock the tops in the Koplin Clamp

I also realize that not everyone has the tools and equipment to do metal work, but it is always possible to take a picture or drawing to a welding shop and have it done.