Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I used to worry a lot about the noises my F3T made. Ear plugs fixed them all.

Spyder Garage

Mine has whined since new but runs perfect . They all sound different. I have 7000 miles .

Spyder Garage

I have the same whining noise on my F3L, which starts at about 45mph and goes away above 50mph. It's there, no matter what gear it's in.
    I think it's the belt.
    2018 Spyder F3 Limited
    Pearl white/dark
    2018 F3 Limited , White pearl

Spyder Garage

My '19 F3L has had the same type of whine since day 1, but runs perfect. Sounds like transmission gear whine to me. I notice it in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
    2019 F3 Limited , Big Bike Parts full size pedal Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

I've noticed that the whine varied with the helmet I wore too, but a noise is still a noise. I read that a tiny dollop of grease on the belt stops the whine. On the other hand, wouldnt the grease attack the rubber in the belt?
    2017 F3-S Daytona , Yellow and black

Spyder Garage

I'm lucky. Having never owned or operated a 1330 Spyder, or any Spyder for that matter, I can assume that all noises are normal and ignore them (new bike). Antifreeze smell, ominous grindings of metallic parts, sudden violent shaking, sudden tapping or knocking I can't ignore. But so far all is well. The engine is raucous when lugged below around 2800 RPM, makes all kinds of protest. Vibrates, buzzes, and moans. A quick down shift fixes all that. I'm going deaf, so I don't have to have the earplugs. When I was younger the earplugs made my bikes smoother and faster.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Ours (2015 F3s & 2018 F3l) do not whine, but today while the shop was doing the 3000 mile service on my wife's F3 they gave her a 2019 F3l to drive. She reported a loud wine between 2900 and 3100 rpm on that Spyder.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I know this is an old post, but thank you. I tried the fix with synthetic grease on the belt, and it works...until the grease wears off. I can get about 75 miles without a whine. Going to have a mechanic look at it. It's definitely coming from the belt. The belt looks nearly new and tires are new. I wondered about belt tension. I'm new to Can Ams. Mine is a 2013 RT Ltd, and I'm not sure it has a tensioner. I haven't had the tupperware off to get a look.
    2013 RT Ltd , White with a wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've noticed that since having my 3rd front sprocket replaced with the V3 White painted one, this has ceased. It really hit home last week when departing for a week long ride and noticed how much quieter it is on the freeway.
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White