My bike is at the dealer for work for the 3rd time in a little over 2 years of my ownership. Here is my perspective of what I believe to be a systematic death for BRP. First, each time I needed work, the bike was in the shop for at least a month. I don't blame the dealer. They have other lines and are very busy. They have only one Spyder Tech and I think he is pretty good. The problem is that everything on the Spyder must be done by one of their certified techs using their proprietary parts and systems. This completely stifles competition. Secondly, Dealers do not stock ANY parts. They all must be ordered and take 3 days to a week to get. I have not been able to locate even one independent shop in the entire Phoenix area that will even look at a Spyder. Even Can-Am dealers not carrying the Spyder line will touch them. Timely service doesn't exist here. It's not that we are at the busy season. For us, that is winter for the rest of the country. This time of year we don't ride much because of the 100-115 degree temperatures.

Background on this repair: I went for a ride to Winslow, AZ (to stand on the corner) in mid-April. All was well. On May 3rd I decided to ride to the store as the bike hadn't been ridden in a couple of weeks. Bike overheated before I could get 150 feet out of the driveway. Put it away and called the dealer. Not able to look at it until today!!!!! As I suspected it is a thermostat which is part of the water pump housing. That has to be ordered and the next available date to buy the techs time is June 15th. So, a month and a half for a water pump replacement. Poor system. Not customer friendly. And it is just the monopoly that I think BRP thrives on fostering. Warranty expires in 2 weeks. This will be my very last BRP product. BRP, you created a monopoly that requires proprietary diagnosis, products, and mechanics. That's your business model and you can live with it. I will not.

Rant Over..... Jim