Spyder Garage

Question Ryker 900cc performance upgrade

Hi all, recently I bought a new Ryker Rally and I'm super happy with it. It's a lot of fun and now my weekends look differently than before. Fantastic product which I think could be even better than now.
    All is well however after some time I noticed that after 40-60 mph dynamics isn't so well as I would like to have. If you had opportunity to drive F3S you'll get it immediately especially when you do downshifting. So I asked my dealer whether they have anything to improve this power lag and make it more aggressive at a speed higher than 40-60.. And surprisingly they said that they have upgrade for Ryker!!! They gave me a test vehicle with upgrade in it and I can say that you can feel noticeable difference from the very beginning. It is an upgrade which will make your ryker faster than f3s from 0-60 (my perception). I'm going to try it this summer but before I would like to ask if any of you had some info about anything like that. My key concern was possible damage of the engine because of increased HP, but dealer reminded me that this engine you can find on Maverick an SeeDoo where it has much more power (turbine plus different algorithm).
    Saying that I would like to know what do you think about this upgrade? Does anyone know if it is something from can am or it is local dealer initiative?

I checked also CVT belt and Iit seems that we have belt from the maverick. So probably it worth to try it.

Spyder Garage

What does it do to fuel mileage?

Spyder Garage

No idea, but I really don't care. Ryker is not about fuel economy, it is for fun and drive. So I would like to make it powerful than it is now. At the same time I don't want compromise on the reliability of it.

Spyder Garage

Is it a tune that is done on the bike they had??

Spyder Garage

I have only had my 900 Rally for a week but honestly I don't see it needing any more power than it has. If it's a dealer tune and they will back the warranty why not? if it's not a dealer tune and the warranty goes out the window then I would be hesitant for sure.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

Have not seen or heard of any such modifications though it is still pretty new on the market. Keep us informed as you may be the first to be here doing this upgrade on the Ryker...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

You are right, it's an official dealer offer, so I believe that warranty is not an issue. For me, it's more interesting to understand whether this upgrade will influence on engine recourse. If it will give more torque from the beginning it could reduce rpm at 50-70 mph. I will write a report after the installation. Would be great to know your thoughts on the chip tuning.

Personally, I have to admit that from the start I have more than enough power, but at higher speeds acceleration is not an ideal ((( I'm comparing it to Spyder F3S. With the upgrade, your acceleration will be even better than the spyder. Still, it is not confirmed by any metrics, so more subjective feeling.

Spyder Garage

Since he is in Switzerland I wonder if it is tuned differently then USA models and what he is having done just brings it up to what we have here already.

Spyder Garage

If the tune significantly reduces RPM at 50-70 mpg I would be interested. However I believe the same RPM effect might be possible with relatively inexpensive CVT modifications; still waiting on the aftermarket for that.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Only upgrade I've read about so far is from http://fastryker.com/ According to their website for the 900/Rally:

With this tune, you will experience the following:

Increased acceleration
    Increased throttle response & less throttle lag
    Moderate changes to normal mode
    Drastic changes to sport mode
    ECO mode is unaffected (if applicable)
    Higher RPM limit
    increased fuel efficency in cruising RPM's
    Virtually undedectable by all scan tools and factory diagnostics.

Spyder Garage

More than likely it has to do with springs. The CVT is very tunable.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

The 900 in the jetskies makes 90 HP with only 2 Quarts of oil. There are tunes for the Jetski that increase it to 100-105 Hp ? I don't think it needs it. If you have owned another Spyder you will find the Ryker NOISY??? And without the Assisted power steering it will be twichy on back roads.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I think overall power is sufficient but as Neu770 I can feel a lack o power between 35-60 mph. Especially when exiting tight corners I can imagine much better acceleration.

Spyder Garage

My thoughts exactly, it lacks punch from 40-55 ish.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think this can be adjusted to some degree with clutching changes. In contrast the 900 ACE in the snowmobiles is pretty flat from 1-30 mph, then pulls hard from about 30-65, mph. Falls off some after that and tops out around 85-90 mph

Spyder Garage

Anybody try the flash tune stuff yet? Power vision three

Spyder Garage

there is a different mapping for America and Europe .. in Europe the throttle is "limited" till 50 mph to only 75% .. thats why the US-version is faster than ours ..
    but its not a problem to load up different mappings, I also like more a version with a flat torque curve .. you find five diferent versions of the 900 ace on their webside

https://www.rotax.com/en/products/ro...rtrains.html#1

here you see my test with the European Version ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgRZF8wdbaE&t=7s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the information Chris56, that is very interesting.
    I have noticed that around 50mph/80kmh my Ryker Rally really takes off, now I finally know why. I will have to check with my dealer when I get the Wheel lugs replaced, if they can change the software.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    Thanks for the information Chris56, that is very interesting.
    I have noticed that around 50mph/80kmh my Ryker Rally really takes off, now I finally know why. I will have to check with my dealer when I get the Wheel lugs replaced, if they can change the software.
    I heard its about the new EU "noise" regulations for Bikes .. with this CVT gearbox it was too loud for this "tests" ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Glad you shared this info, I never found mine to lack power. Over 90% over my miles are at 55mph plus. A little role of the throttle and I'm doing 80 if I'm not careful. It is loud , I bought a stereo and bar mount speakers and never bothered to install it as I doubt I could hear it anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
    Glad you shared this info, I never found mine to lack power. Over 90% over my miles are at 55mph plus. A little role of the throttle and I'm doing 80 if I'm not careful. It is loud , I bought a stereo and bar mount speakers and never bothered to install it as I doubt I could hear it anyway.
    LOL ..but if you install a windshield or a fairing ..she gets twice as loud as before, I testet it !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Yeah I got one of those cam am windscreens, BUT I put on a horn that even scares me sometimes. I have a little less than 14,000 miles and it looks 10 years old. I try to take care of it but it was not made for salt air.