Spyder Garage

Default 2019 F3 Limited and turn signal tap

Greetings Folks,

Have any of you taken the mirrors off of a newer Spyder F3 Limited edition? Since F3's appear to no longer have turn signal indicators on their mirrors, I was wondering whether or not the electrical connections are still there. Has anyone taken a look? Specifically, I'd like to install some LED lights on the front A-Arms and use them as running lights and additional turn signal indicators (********* kit). I am looking for a place to pull power and signal. ********* wasn't able to help, but before I return them, I'm hoping someone with more know-how might be able to help a newbie out. I've only owned the F3 for a couple weeks and hate to start yanking it apart for no good reason.

Update... Apparently since I brought this to the attention of *********, they're removed the 2019 F3's as a compatible model for the product I ordered...

https://www.*********.com/can-am-spy...gnal?vehicle=1

Bear
    2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Apparently my post was censored for identifying a vendor... my apologies. No intent to advertise, just to clarify.

Spyder Garage

You pick up power and signal in the fender. Follow the line back and tap in inboard of the shock. I took one apart to install a set of Wedgies, to eliminate mirror shake. Big empty area. No change to mirror mount. Still needs a wedgie! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Bummer. I was hoping the side mirror turn signal harness was still there... Not much room or slack to tap into the wires leading to the fenders. May just return the kit. Thank you for the info nonetheless, I appreciate your input.

Spyder Garage

I popped the wheel a d tire off
    And taped into the signal wire
    Right at the signal. A lot more
    Wire to run but it worked well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Apparently my post was censored for identifying a vendor... my apologies.
    You didn't identify a vendor. Your sin was to identify a former vendor. That, my friend, is a Bozo no no.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

A "BOZO NO NO" what the hell is that, i looked it up in my funk & wagnalls and they said that sounds like a cop word. LOL

I don't Believe that a "BOZO NO NO" is a real word

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I ended up tapping the turn signal wire inside of the shock as Joe suggested. I cut back the outer sleeve and scraped the insulation off the power feed (gray wire) with a razer blade, then soldered on the wire to the LCD module. Works like a charm.