Thread: Earbud question

Spyder Garage

Question Earbud question

Have a question regarding earbuds and figured someone out there would know...I was looking in my new SENA 10S manual for information but could find 'earbuds' mentioned only twice on a 'find' in the .pdf file...

So, being 'long in the tooth' (78 tomorrow), my hearing is getting worse and worse...I got the 10S Dual package and am wondering if earbuds would be better than speakers for me...had a set of Scalar Cardo and they were not very good...

That being said, there was no reference in the manual for plug size for earbuds...it mentions a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm male to male Stereo Audio cable on a picture on page 11....no other information...is the measurement diameter or length????

The second question is, does the earbud port take a 2.5mm or 3.5mm plug???

And jeez, the prices on some of the earbuds are more than a decent Garmin GPS or Sena 10S....

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hershey View Post
    Have a question regarding earbuds and figured someone out there would know...I was looking in my new SENA 10S manual for information but could find 'earbuds' mentioned only twice on a 'find' in the .pdf file...

So, being 'long in the tooth' (78 tomorrow), my hearing is getting worse and worse...I got the 10S Dual package and am wondering if earbuds would be better than speakers for me...had a set of Scalar Cardo and they were not very good...

That being said, there was no reference in the manual for plug size for earbuds...it mentions a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm male to male Stereo Audio cable on a picture on page 11....no other information...is the measurement diameter or length????

The second question is, does the earbud port take a 2.5mm or 3.5mm plug???

And jeez, the prices on some of the earbuds are more than a decent Garmin GPS or Sena 10S....
    IMHO , the main issue with Ear Buds are they will Block out any other sounds..... car horns , sirens etc. …. Even if I play my radio / stereo really, really loud I can still hear sounds around me …. good luck … Mike

Spyder Garage

For me, I know this about ear-buds. The older and more deaf I get, the less the quality matters. Way more important to me is the water resistance as I listen to music while exercising and sweat a pretty good bit. I can't tell the super high dollar ones from the mid grade ones.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Sent an email to Motorcycle Dave's re the size and he got right back to me with 3.5 mm plugs....

2 Wheels (ST1100, Marauder, Honda Shadow, Honda Rebel) 3 wheels (2018 Spyder RT Ltd)

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....

Spyder Garage

I guess we can close down this thread...thanks for the replies....

Foam grip covers
    Tri-Axis Handlebars.....