Thread: Headlights

Spyder Garage

Default Headlights

At night good headlights are everything. Question is, Is factory HID worth the $$$ investment over the top of the line name brand halogen bulbs?
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Sorry can’t say, HID seems to have gone way of Dodo compared to LED’s that are cheaper in most cases.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Put HID on a victory vision and they were fantastic. Used the 5000. Plan on putting them on my 2013 RTL-SE5. Let us know how they turn out on a Spyder
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

Depends on whicj headlights u have I have projector lights so led won't really work, plus the back of led bulbs are so big that's the clips won't allow for such bulbs. With hid bulbs the clips work Jusy fine.

Good luck hopes this helps.

Spyder Garage

The short answer is NO. I put factory HID's on my 08. They were way to bright. A couple people tried to run me off the road. At $1,500 installed...they were WAY WAY overpriced.

I put LED's on my 2014 and that will be what I use on any further bikes. Cost seemed cheap after the HID's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just had a bulb go out on my 2008GS. Replaced with the best H7 bulb at Autozone. Noticeably brighter, bit more coverage. Plug and play as you would expect. LED's look good but not uniform on the road due to the headlight lens design (on the one I saw anyways). So I just stuck with the H7 and got the high end ones.

Spyder Garage

Curious about this too. My friends commented on how my RS was really visible behind them only with the highbeams on. Wondering what the best, economical upgrade might be in order to be better seen without having to go to full, warp power on the beams? Don't want to hear Scotty say, "Cap'tin, I'm giving her all she's got and she can't take anymore, the dialithium crystals just can't take it!!"

Spyder Garage

Thinking of going with Hella H7 80watt pair on Amazon.com very affordable
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed

Spyder Garage

Go HID... You will not regret it......
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

With our older RS models (mine is 2010) and the headlight lenses, do non H7 lamps illuminate correctly? I see some companies offering LED's lamp conversions... but want to make sure an improvement and not a problem with the "spyder eyes" lenses of the first generation Spyders. Any insights from those who have done headlight upgrades to these? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I went LED in all 4 lights which then gave enough power leftover torun 2x40w LED driving lights.

0E63C8BA-0AE3-42D7-9D63-86CF679E814B.jpg
    2014 RSS , 4 eyes conversion for headlights, 12v socket, 2x USB Ports, CTEK Charging Port. Black and White

Spyder Garage

Love to see a picture of the mountings and some detail of the mounting.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

they look bright in the picture, the question is how do they work on the road. I have been scouring this sight looking to find the best way to go.
    In your case what bulbs did you use? I am wondering if input from owners of newer machines or Rykers helps those who own older machines.
    Does what works on one machine translate to a different machine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phobius View Post
    they look bright in the picture, the question is how do they work on the road. I have been scouring this sight looking to find the best way to go.
    In your case what bulbs did you use? I am wondering if input from owners of newer machines or Rykers helps those who own older machines.
    Does what works on one machine translate to a different machine.
    Mate they work a treat, a large ball of light with a great throw of beam down the road so with all six running there’s not much I can’t see.
    The brackets are a work in progress left and right are different prototypes to 1 & 2 and am now working on #3. Interestingly like most things when I screwed the 5mm longer bolt in the mirror mount it wouldn’t go it jammed the left no probs, it turns out the bolt hole on the right mount hadn’t been tapped all the way through so if you do change the bolt be aware you may need to tap it out all the way(M8x1.25)
    I’ll get some pics posted up when I can.
    2014 RSS , 4 eyes conversion for headlights, 12v socket, 2x USB Ports, CTEK Charging Port. Black and White