Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Minimal hit....maybe 10 points....noting to get concerned about. Get a bank loan and wire the money....done.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddiebrown View Post
    Dennis,

My credit is not the issue. I'm Tier A. They've given me my interest rate and loan duration. It's horrible customer service because I'm making all the calls and they are hardly ever calling me. I can't go anywhere else right now because my credit will take a hit if another dealer runs it
    I agree with Dennis same issue with me, I even secured financing ( better interest rate) and asked what I needed to hold the machine. And then they weren’t sure if the model I wanted was there. They tried to sell me another color, and you call leave messages and emails very slow response so I moved on. It’s to bad I’ve heard good things about them but my experience wasn’t that good.
    2016 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

A utility bill is one of the best ways to confirm an actual connection between your name and your address. That's why they are often required by lenders and other agencies and businesses. If you can't provide a utility bill the next best would be a rental receipt. If you own a home you will have a utility bill.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    A utility bill is one of the best ways to confirm an actual connection between your name and your address. That's why they are often required by lenders and other agencies and businesses. If you can't provide a utility bill the next best would be a rental receipt. If you own a home you will have a utility bill.
    I don't own a home (no utility bills) and I have no problem buying anything on wheels. My credit score is over 800 though.
    I use a local credit union. I bought a new truck in 2018, and they had no problem giving me a $36k check after showing them two recent pay stubs.

It seems the OP is concerned that there is not much communication. Well...if there is no news from the bank, I wouldn't expect the salesman to call me until there IS news to report. Just a guess. Their 2018 leftovers with free shipping to me are very tempting, so I have an interest in this dealership as well...

Best of luck!

Spyder Garage

I emailed them. I'm no longer buying the Spyder. They just lost a $18k sale.

I'm now looking at the Ryker and sport cars

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

try Neilsens. Jim Potts in Woodstock too. There are other dealers in the area.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My opinion, communication is the heart of sales, the prospective customer hears nothing but silence, that's a huge flag the seller doesn't care, a real put off. How long does it take to communicate the basics?

Spyder Garage

I don't really blame you. But I'm sorry to hear it had to happen to you.

I know that businesses have their own things that they have to deal with. But if you work in sales then sales should be your business. And nobody can be in sales without communication. The job of every salesperson is to find the most Optimum method of getting the money out of the customers pocket and into his in a manner that makes both parties happy for the transfer. Anytime I'm not feeling happy in my part of the transfer I walk. A business that has problems is their problem if they make it mine they better give me a discount. The place where I bought my bike from had a problem getting inventory in a timely manner. They called me every week just to touch base. And they gave me $400 trying to say sorry. Since receiving the bike I've received two calls to see how I like it.

Needless to say I like them. Not so much for anything Financial the more just for their caring attitude. I hope you can find a salesperson or dealership the same. But I wouldn't give up just because of that dealership and that experience
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

What this tells me is, you didn't really want that particular model anyway.
    If you did, you'd have gone somewhere else for what you wanted.

And by the way, it isn't like they lost 18k. They lost the profit off the sale, sure, but that's maybe a few hundred bucks.
    The issues you had seem to me self-inflicted, sorry if you're offended. But if you showed up at the store with cash in hand I'm thinking the outcome would have been very different.
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

I sold automobiles at the local ford store for 27 years. You would be surprised at the number of people who just jerked our chain. Most salespeople are commissioned sales and if they do not make a sale they don't get paid. If they work with someone who does not seem sincere they are going to move on to the next customer who is a buyer. They are in the business to make a living. Cut them some slack. They are real people with feelings.

Spyder Garage

I called Imotorsports in April as I was interested in a 2019 F3-S. I liked the option of having it delivered and found their OTD price to be pretty good. I spoke with someone at the dealer and gave my contact information, they said they would call me back. I already had financing in place but they didn't know that. 2 Days later I get a voicemail saying sorry we we keep playing phone tag (I only called once). They didn't show me they were really interested in my business by the lack of follow up. So I purchased from a dealer close to me in Virginia that actually wanted the sale. I actually got a cheaper price and they delivered to me in Maryland for $150.
    2019 F3-S SE6
    Elka Stage 2 Front and Rear w/HYD
    Can-am Dragbar
    F4 Custom 28" Windscreen
    GTR Lighting LED Headlights
    Arc Led Auxiliary lights
    Signature Light
    BajaRon Swaybar
    Akrapovic Sinister Silencer
    FOBO 2 Trike TPMS
    Motorcycle Dave Gel inserts Rider and Passenger
    Foam Grips
    2019 F3-S , Monolith Satin Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    I get the frustration but sounds like the bank has them in a bind. Can you get your own financing?

Moving to a ryker or sports car says I just want something right now. Impulse buying.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I was pre-approved for about $160,000 when i went for my 2019 Semi. Went over my specs precisely. I got the runaround even after that just like he did. I found a salesperson who respected the amount of money I was about to spend. Sometimes a salesperson is just an ass nothing more nothing less. He's the customer he is allowed it's is his money. The sales person doesn't have a right to it nor an expectation of it. He has to work for it like everybody else.

For my F3 I wandered around the dealership wanting to look at a Ryker but they didn't have one that was suitable. I kept sitting down on an F3. Just to waste time I let the salesperson do a credit check. I've always wanted a spider but I didn't want to pay for it. Those are the exact words I told the salesperson. I told him and his boss I'm only here for the bike you don't have. I'm just curious about the F3. In the space of time it took them to listen to my bull my credit check came back. I was approved for anything in that store. I had $15,000 cash to burn. And let's get one thing straight it was an Impulse Buy. I'm only in town one day a week. I barely have any miles on the bike I turned in. I told them that too. I told him my ninja sat in the garage for over a year and had to be rebuilt just for me to ride it to the dealership. They heard all of this and still treated me like my money was something they were ready to earn. Even though they didn't have the F3 s in any of their three dealerships. Sometimes it's just a good salesperson. Nothing more nothing less.

All this to say the customer gets the benefit. The salesperson has to work for it. And even someone who might jerk him around, of which I could be considered guilty can be won over. I have already spent well over $2,000 over and above the price of the bike on additional stuff. Of course $400 of it came from them. LOL
    Last edited by SgtRay; 06-02-2019 at 01:12 AM. Reason: it was clear
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter

Spyder Garage

I had the opposite problem with them. I saw one I liked in their site and it said "email for price" so I filled out their form and immediately got a reply along me what I was interested in and if I wanted them to do the deal. 5 minutes after, I get a phone call, and another 20 minutes later, and another maybe 20 minutes after that. They left me voicemails all saying exactly the same thing. I emailed back and said I was just looking for a price so I could decide if I was interested. Never heard back from them. I'm not going to beg a dealer to call me back. If you don't want to give me the info I asked for I'll deal with someone else, thanks.

Spyder Garage

Yeah I'm definitely sorry to hear that. I got mine from the guys down here at Santa Teresa Motorsports in New Mexico so if you're ever in the neighborhood at least they'll call you back. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rahine View Post
    I called Imotorsports in April as I was interested in a 2019 F3-S. I liked the option of having it delivered and found their OTD price to be pretty good. I spoke with someone at the dealer and gave my contact information, they said they would call me back. I already had financing in place but they didn't know that. 2 Days later I get a voicemail saying sorry we we keep playing phone tag (I only called once). They didn't show me they were really interested in my business by the lack of follow up. So I purchased from a dealer close to me in Virginia that actually wanted the sale. I actually got a cheaper price and they delivered to me in Maryland for $150.
    Pretty much how it went for me in Dec/Jan. Bought one "locally" (125 miles away) for about $800 less.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I keep reading posts saying I wasn't really interested in the bike. If I wasn't interested in the bike why was I calling them 3-4 times a day for 2 days? I've always wanted a Spyder and one day I'll get one but living in the Midwest when winter time comes around I'm going to need a car and my current car is starting to lose my confidence. Their bad customer service is somewhat a blessing because I more than likely need to get a new car and if I would've bought the Spyder that would've been impossible

Spyder Garage

BTW another UPDATE. They called yesterday (different salesman) saying the bank finally got back to them and that the bank needs 2 MONTHS of pay stubs for proof of address.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Well, got my update - the paperwork was done last week Done. They said someone would be getting in touch with me about shipping. Didn't hear anything for a day or so, so I emailed both the sales guy and the finance. Heard back late yesterday. The Trike has "cleared service" and they're "waiting on logistics". They don't have an update on that but hope to have one by the middle of next week. Seriously? So I won't even know until next week, how long it'll be before I'll get my Spyder?
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Take a drive up to Johnson Creek, WI and go to Rob's Performance. They'll treat you right!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    They said someone would be getting in touch with me about shipping. Didn't hear anything for a day or so, so I emailed both the sales guy and the finance. Heard back late yesterday. The Trike has "cleared service" and they're "waiting on logistics". They don't have an update on that but hope to have one by the middle of next week. Seriously? So I won't even know until next week, how long it'll be before I'll get my Spyder?
    Uh, trucking companies are notorious, by their nature and the nature of the business, for operating on a 'rubber band' schedule. That is the case particularly for m/c specialty shipping company, Haul Bikes (Daily Direct). They need to accumulate a full, or near full, trailer load before the trailer heads cross country. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that isn't who they use. If so, your Spyder will be well taken care of during shipping.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    Well, got my update - the paperwork was done last week Done. They said someone would be getting in touch with me about shipping. Didn't hear anything for a day or so, so I emailed both the sales guy and the finance. Heard back late yesterday. The Trike has "cleared service" and they're "waiting on logistics". They don't have an update on that but hope to have one by the middle of next week. Seriously? So I won't even know until next week, how long it'll be before I'll get my Spyder?
    Don't feel too bad. I had to wait a little over a month. When I finally got it they felt so bad they gave me $400 of credit. So I guess I'll get over it. As for blaming trucking companies I don't know about that one. I am a truck driver. And I pick it up when I'm told to pick it up and I get it there in less time than you think I would. Trucking companies pick up when you call us we deliver when you tell us. We are the most reliable Link in that chain.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRay View Post
    Don't feel too bad. I had to wait a little over a month. When I finally got it they felt so bad they gave me $400 of credit. So I guess I'll get over it. As for blaming trucking companies I don't know about that one. I am a truck driver. And I pick it up when I'm told to pick it up and I get it there in less time than you think I would. Trucking companies pick up when you call us we deliver when you tell us. We are the most reliable Link in that chain.
    Yes, but you don't want to drive across the country hauling 1 Spyder do you. Obviously not cost effective.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

I've shipped with haul Bikes before. They do a great job, and I recall it having to fit into the schedule, but my thought it - once the financing is done, scheduling should start then, not after everything else. But that's just me.

I've heard lots of great places to get Spyders from, however I'm limited on how far I can go to get one. If I wasn't, I'd drive to Elmhurst and pick this one up. I've seen several used ones over the months I've been looking, but if I can't get to the location and buy when I see it, I usually miss out.

At this point, the Tryke is mine, now I'm just anxious to get it here. This process has been slow, but on the plus side, if the Spyder matches the pics, I've done well.
    2014 RT-S , Orange