Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE and still a Horrible day dealing with iMotorsports

What a horrible day!
    At 11am I called iMotorsports filled out the credit app and was told to call right back.

I called right back and the salesman said I'll call you once I hear back from the banks.

6 hours go by and I didn't hear anything so I called them since they close at 6pm

I was told the finance computers were down for the banks.

At 5:40pm the salesman I've been dealing with calls and says let me check what I have in stock and I'll call you back before we close....

I never got a call back! or any finance rates! and before I filled out the credit app I was told that the bike was in stock!

Very, Very, Very frustrating day. I hope tomorrow they call me first thing or I'm going to take it that they don't want my business.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's to bad. Heard a lot of good things about them. Maybe they are starting to slip

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    That's to bad. Heard a lot of good things about them. Maybe they are starting to slip
    This was/is going to be my first Spyder purchase but now I don't think I even want to give these people my money and they have the best OTD price

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Many local dealers will match price. They did for me when I was shopping around

Spyder Garage

it really sounds like a "finance issue" If you live in Chicago, why don't you stroll over there
    and do your business in person ? Face to face is often the best way to conduct business.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

I sometimes wonder if they don’t get a better offer when you’ve already had a “handshake” deal and they push you off.

Just conjecture on my part.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear.

Spyder Garage

I have a general rule of thumb that if I'm treated that way without a reasonable explanation I take my money somewhere else. I recently bought $158,000 semi truck in Illinois. I live in El Paso Texas and tried two dealerships there and got treated that exact same way. I bought in another state spent the money to drive out to go get it rather than deal with people who acted like they didn't need my money.
    I really hate it when they forget to call you back.

When I picked up my spider last weekend I had waited over a month for it to come in and the dealer felt so bad they gave me $400 of in-store credit as a way of saying sorry. To me that says that my money was important and so was I. I didn't like the wait but I did like the way they treated me.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to resolve it.
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

I've been dealing with them for about a week and a half. Things seemed to slow down when I went with my own financing instead of theirs. If I wasn't buying used, I'd go local, but couldn't find what I wanted at a price I wanted t pay.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I live in MI but was in the area so I went to Imotorsports in person.
    They were the only ones I could find that had more than one or two spyders in stock and on the showroom floor in 2015.
    I could not believe how busy they were even back then, the phones rang non stop pulling them in every direction at all times. Me being there in person got their undivided attention until the sale was made. They always got back with me when I made phone calls, just not as quick as I wished.
    I would deal with them again on the next one, but again in person.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

when i bought my new 15 rt in 16, my local dealer north of rockford beat their
    otd price by $500. service has been good, what little ive had them do. have
    worked with them in powersports products for over 20 years.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I have heard good things about iMotorsports. But it never hurts to shop around. Don't get frustrated. Get a better deal!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Try Loves Park Motorsports they are fantastic to deal with.
    Loves Park Motorsports
    11951 Main Street
    Roscoe, Illinois 61073
    (815) 636-7636
    Thank You
    Mark Light

Live Long and Ride Hard

Spyder Garage

not to excuse their behavior or lack of communication

but as a former car salesman, many dealerships don't take a person too seriously unless its in person. People would call and even fill out credit apps to never show up or to find out they stopped at another dealership on the way over. Unless you are in the building or put money down they consider a customer to be flakey. Now their lack of commitment has lost them a potential customer.

Spyder Garage

Just go elsewhere!

Put your focus on other dealers -I did and drove 200 miles one way.

Dealer by me said no to my question, called another and they said yes,got the deal and spyder I wanted.

I dont piss around anymore or have my time wasted.

All smiles
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

I live 300 miles from IMotorSports bought a 2015 RTL new, didn’t have any problem with finances, did all over the phone, even had a trade, not sure what the problem is but it wasn’t how I was treated, talk to Jason Jason@imotorsportsinc.com.
    2015 RT L , Red

Spyder Garage

Seemingly I motorsports is an internet reseller....this is their business model. Since this is their go to market strategy, the in person theory is not relevant.

Spyder Garage

I can see where being there in person you'd get more immediate treatment. But still sounds like a lot of their business is internet/remote sales.

As of now, it seems the paperwork is done, and I'm just awaiting shipment. They've removed the Tryke from their website so I'm guessing it's mine now.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

UPDATE:

5/30
    10:30 AM I get a call from my salesman but was unable to answer
    12:57 PM I call my salesman and he says the bank wants a pdf file of a utility bill
    1:12 PM I call back to get the guys email but he won't give it to me instead he asked for mine then emailed me from his acct. (weird)
    1:19 PM I emailed him my car bill (I don't have any utilities in my name)
    1:20 PM-3:21 PM NOTHING
    3:22 PM I call the salesman to get an update and he says all my paperwork is submitted but he's waiting on the bank (he still can't give me my monthly payment)
    3:23 PM-5:38 PM NOTHING
    5:39 PM I call my salesman and he says the same thing about the waiting on the bank. He then puts me on a long hold and transfers me to another guy. The new guy puts me on another long hold then tells me the bank wants a utility bill not a car payment bill. I tell him there's no such thing so he says we'll talk to the bank and see if they'll accept it.
    6:00 PM They close and never heard back from them

What another stressful day. It's like they don't want my $18K

Spyder Garage

I get the frustration but sounds like the bank has them in a bind. Can you get your own financing?

Spyder Garage

Sorry you continue to struggle, but I agree with Thopper that the bind is likely the bank. For them it's simply a numbers game; you either fit or you don't. The salesman and you are caught in the middle. I suggest you relax (I know, easy for me to say), play by their rules, or go someplace else.

Good luck.

Rob

Spyder Garage

Seems like a credit (bank) issue and not an Imotorsports issue

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get your own financing in place for the bike; good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    I get the frustration but sounds like the bank has them in a bind. Can you get your own financing?
    I agree, something is throwing a red flag for the lender
    Reality check. It's not like any dealership is just sitting around with NOTHING else to do. I-motosports is a bee hive of activity.The poster is hardly a cash customer ready to close a sale. When a credit check requires more information, it means they are really looking at their risk for lending THEIR money. When I submit for credit I get an instant approval when they hit the send key on the sales computer.
    To me it does't seem like this is going to go your way or you will get a super bad offer of credit.
    I have dealt with this dealer and when they have something concrete they will move full speed ahead as any sales person if motivated to do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    I agree, something is throwing a red flag for the lender
    Reality check. It's not like any dealership is just sitting around with NOTHING else to do. I-motosports is a bee hive of activity.The poster is hardly a cash customer ready to close a sale. When a credit check requires more information, it means they are really looking at their risk for lending THEIR money. When I submit for credit I get an instant approval when they hit the send key on the sales computer.
    To me it does't seem like this is going to go your way or you will get a super bad offer of credit.
    I have dealt with this dealer and when they have something concrete they will move full speed ahead as any sales person if motivated to do.
    Dennis,

My credit is not the issue. I'm Tier A. They've given me my interest rate and loan duration. It's horrible customer service because I'm making all the calls and they are hardly ever calling me. I can't go anywhere else right now because my credit will take a hit if another dealer runs it