Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Which Imotorsports were you dealing with. I initially called the Chicago / Elmhurst location and pretty much got blown off... I have a Spyder and I am buying a Slingshot. Called St. Petersburg location and was dealt with quickly/professionally and was told as soon as the financing is completed it would be 1 to 4 weeks for delivery. I am good with that...
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Go in and talk to them face to face. After that you should have a better feeling as to which way to go.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

St Petersburg FL, what dealership if you care to share.

Spyder Garage

St. Pete Powersports, part of the Imotorsports dealers. Imotorsports has three locations.Orlando, St. Petersburg, and Elmhurst.

https://www.stpetepowersports.com
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hmmm, I see no Canam Spyders, but thanks for the response.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Yes, but you don't want to drive across the country hauling 1 Spyder do you. Obviously not cost effective.
    If we're talkin brand new they don't wait on one. Like he said it's on the schedule. And they don't go across country. All spiders are staged in certain staging areas and they ship out on a schedule. The trucks are loaded full and have multiple stops. That's part of the reason why it takes so long and has to wait on the schedule like a bus at a bus stop. And if I was told to take just one I would take just one. I get paid to move the truck regardless of what's in it. Last night I had two loads one had 10 items total weight 3000 lb considering I carry up to 41000 the trailer was almost empty. It was extremely cost-effective. Less weight equals less fuel equals more money. I got paid the same. I have met one of the drivers on the dedicated route who delivers slingshots. It's the same for him also. So I think his delays most likely just do two waiting on the schedule pickup. That's what the delay was for mine.

But now that you're on the schedule I would try and talk them into giving you store credit just as a show of "We love you long time!" LOL
    "Friend to those who have no friends. Enemy to those who need no enemies. Headache to those who have no aspirin."~ The Phantom Texter
    2019 F3 s , Neutrino Aurora Accessory Fuse Block Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, in a bizarre twist, I got a text from the driver saying he's be here around noon today with my Tryke. No word at all from the sales guy. This seems to be the major issue - lack of communication. If I'd known it was coming today, I'd have arranged to get the day off, but now I'll have to take a long lunch and make up any extra time.

On the other hand - My Spyder will be here today!!
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Well, Spyder arrived yesterday. Dropped off by a guy with a Dodge Diesel pickup and a 30' box trailer. No paperwork and one key. Called Imotorsports, and they had no idea it was being delivered, nor had there been any paperwork done for it. According to them, it should have had a temp tag on it. So they emailed me one that I had to print myself.

Also, there's a broken hinge on the left side bag. Sent pics in, but no response on that yet.

As expected, it doesn't look quite as good as the pics, but started fine and everything seems to work. Didn't get much of a chance to ride it as I didn't have the temp tag yet and it was already sprinkling a bit. 80% chance of rain today and for the next couple days is a bit annoying, I only have a 7 day fender to fender warranty on it. And 30 days on the powertrain. Heck, only 24hours to decide if you want to keep it... guess it's too late for that now. Might just have to ride it in the rain to test everything.

Anyway, I have several questions about it, but I'll start another thread for those.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    Which Imotorsports were you dealing with. I initially called the Chicago / Elmhurst location and pretty much got blown off... I have a Spyder and I am buying a Slingshot. Called St. Petersburg location and was dealt with quickly/professionally and was told as soon as the financing is completed it would be 1 to 4 weeks for delivery. I am good with that...
    The Chicago one. The reason I didn't go in is because I'm at my summer home. A new salesman called me 2 days in a row last week but I didn't answer. They're not worth my time anymore

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    try Neilsens. Jim Potts in Woodstock too. There are other dealers in the area.
    I first called Imotorsports, I was looking for a blacked out blue F3L as it was advertised on there webpage, as it turned out the bike wasn't in stock as were a few others bikes they advertised and I inquired about, in any event they quoted a black/chrome they had in stock, I called Jim Potts as he had the same bike and he beat Imotorsports number by a large margin. The salesman for Im called a few days later to inquire and when I told him I bought from another dealer he stated I should have called him so he cold beat Jim Potts price, I told him that I requested his best price when quoted me initially, I don't like beating vendors up and when I ask for your best price give me your best price.

In any event I found the Potts dealership great to deal with, $500.00 deposit over the phone, brought a check in on Saturday morning, all the paperwork was done when I arrived and I was in and out of the dealership in 20 minutes, and I just love doing business with family owned businesses who truly value the customer and the customers time.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome