Thread: Just Wondering

Spyder Garage

Default Just Wondering

Does the seating position on the F3 create tailbone pain if this is something you are inclined to get? I have had three tail bone surgeries and get uncomfortable in a car after a decent length ride. I like to be either inclined enough to put pressure more on my back or straight up enough to allow the thighs to take the pressure. My favorite bicycle is a tadpole which allows the back to take all the pressure. I have sat on a few F3 models and cannot determine. The RT may be better for me.Thx for feedback,

Spyder Garage

My experience only, your mileage may vary. I've got some damage in my back and neck, pain gets worse if I can't keep my broke junk aligned. Some say this is good posture. In trying on the Spyders I did sit at length on both the RT and the F3 Limited models. I had read that the RT is a more upright seating position, the F3 is more of a cruiser position. So I purchased the RT Limited, had the Tri-Axis adjustable handlebar and the adjustable driver backrest installed before I took deliver, and I couldn't be happier. With the bars adjusted all the way up and back, and the backrest pushing firmly into the small of my back, it naturally keeps my alignment perfect so I don't have to think about it. My back pain is diminished to equal to or less than riding in a car with lumbar support. The down side is that with the RT floorboards your legs will be more under you, and taller riders may not like this.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Best idea yet ......... get a Airhawk "R" cushion, it allows you to sit comfortably without your tail bone touching anything.

they are great for long rides because you have an air flow between you and the seat.

follow this link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/AIRHAWK-C...&wl13=&veh=sem

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

In 40 years of riding I never could get comfortable on a cruiser style bike and that includes the F3. About an hour and my lower back is killing me. The RT works great for me and at 64 years old my other bike is a sport bike. Cruiser style may be the most popular sellers, but they don't appeal to everyone. All of my bikes with the exception of a few experiments have been standards or sport bikes.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I've broken my tailbone in the past and had real problems with it on some bike seats. None so far on the F3T.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Trick with AirHawks is to swap them out every hour or two. Ride with it, then without it. Keeps sore spots from forming. This is what I do with my ancient airhawk. I've had it since 1999 still going strong.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Trick with AirHawks is to swap them out every hour or two. Ride with it, then without it. Keeps sore spots from forming. This is what I do with my ancient airhawk. I've had it since 1999 still going strong.
    love the pic and saying on your post Rattlebars.

Agree about the trick with the Airhawk, someone told me years ago and i do the same.

Don't exactly know why but Backrest really helps for me.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    love the pic and saying on your post Rattlebars.

Agree about the trick with the Airhawk, someone told me years ago and i do the same.

Don't exactly know why but Backrest really helps for me.
    THX. Back rest helps me and Ultimate seat too. Simple to mount.

Full details here.
    http://www.rattlebars.com/spyder/spyder.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Thopper View Post
    Does the seating position on the F3 create tailbone pain if this is something you are inclined to get?
    No, not in my case. I use a BRP backrest and I find the seat itself fairly comfortable. If I'm going out for a longer ride I use the Airhawk. I had an Ultimate on my last bike but I find the Airhawk better in many respects.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue