Spyder Garage

Default Tucson to Deadwood Question

I'm going to the Deadwood rally from Tucson. I can take the route up I25 through Denver to Cheyenne to Deadwood. Or, I can take a route up east of Denver from Trinidad to Sidney to Rapid City to Deadwood. I am very familiar with the I25 route through Denver. I do not know this other route that runs east of Denver (see the attached). I'd like to hear from those of you familiar with these routes and your opinion of which route to take. I'll be in my pickup with my Spyder on my AmeriDeck.

Deadwood routes.jpg

I look forward to your insights.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Rob, I'm not a big fan of the traffic on I-25 from Colorado Springs north to Cheyenne and prefer to ride the state routes when we can. You mentioned you were trailering, but speed limits are 60-65 for the most part through Colorado and Nebraska and we rode your alternate route with four Spyders last year from Pueblo to Deadwood as per the attached. Roads were good and we enjoyed the scenery and a few stops along the way - Burlington, CO, Sidney NB, Hot Springs SD, etc.Deadwoodroute.jpg
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much for the "local knowledge". Last year I went up I25 and it was a mess with construction and traffic off and on from the Springs to north of Denver. I didn't really want to do that again.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    we rode your alternate route with four Spyders last year from Pueblo to Deadwood as per the attached. Roads were good and we enjoyed the scenery and a few stops along the way - Burlington, CO, Sidney NB, Hot Springs SD, etc.

Spyder Garage

I live here in Denver area. My wife and I ride the hwy on your map down to Colorado springs from time to time. Its a nice ride, not many gas stations from the I-76 south. excellent if you want to stay away from I-25. Marty