Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What Tire gauge are you all using?

Hello all,
    What are you all using for a accurate tire pressure gauge and where did you buy it from?

Thanks for your time and help!
    P.W.

Spyder Garage

Default Accu-Gage

I bought the Accu-Gage in the picture when I bought my Spyder. The right angle chuck makes it very easy to check the rear tire. I have compared it to a digital gage with a chuck that won't allow me to check the rear tire but pressure-wise they agree within a quarter pound of each other.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I just found this gauge on amazon .....it also comes in a 60 psi max pressure......Any thoughts?
    https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0258

Thanks,
    PW.

Spyder Garage

I plan on using this gauge strictly for the spyder ....What max pressure gauge should I go with? 30 psi should be more than enough....correct?

PW.

Spyder Garage

JACO FlowPro 2.0 Digital from www.amazon.com
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

I have a digital tire gauge that lives in the garage. (Nothing like the one you posted. Good Gawd - I couldn't even start to consider $96.99 for a tire gauge!) Other than that, I just go down to the big box store and get a handful of 97¢ stick gauges. I air up a tire and then read the PSI with the cheapo sticks. Most of the time they will agree with each other, if one or two don't by more that a psi they get trashed. Then I read the pressure with the digital gauge. I note the difference in psi if there is any and use a sharpie to write the + or - pressure on the stick gauge.
    The ones in the RTL (I carry 2 in case I give one away or lend one that doesn't come back) come from a group of gauges that consistently read 3 lbs low. Knowing that when filling the tires I know the correct air pressure for the fronts (20 psi) is reached when those particular gauges read 23 psi.

BTW, I have been told that the most accurate measurement on a tire gauge is in the middle of the range. I was cautioned to not use my 150 psi truck tire gauge to check the 20 & 23 psi tires on the Spyder.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Why would anyone pay more than $10 for a tire pressure gage? Just go to Menards or Farm and Fleet..etc, and buy a $8.00 digital gage and leave it in your glove box.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I thought tire pressure was important on spyders and needed to be accurate that's why I was looking at the more expensive ones..... .... but guess any old gauge will do the trick.

Spyder Garage

I have a Motion Pro in the garage that I won in raffle. Very good quality gauge and I do use it a lot. One thing I can't use it on is the rear suspension air bag on my standard Spyder RT. The gauge won't read that high. I also have a cheap digital gauge that I bought when I was on the road and in a pinch. I have done a few comparisons and the cheapo gives me the same reading as the Motion Pro gauge. It wouldn't take much abuse to trash the cheapo gauge, but the Motion Pro is pretty much indestructible as it should be for a high dollar gauge.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    I thought tire pressure was important on spyders and needed to be accurate that's why I was looking at the more expensive ones..... .... but guess any old gauge will do the trick.
    Don't be mistaken, the pressure IS important, but more important is that the fronts are the same pressure. A decent digital gage helps ya get closer readings than the old slide stick style. The gage I use gets within .10 lb and it was under $10. Got it at Menards.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sold on amazon and I find works well on any vehicle.

EXELAIR by Milton Digital Dual Head Tire Gauge with Extended Swivel Air Chuck
    by Milton Industries

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Don't be mistaken, the pressure IS important, but more important is that the fronts are the same pressure. A decent digital gage helps ya get closer readings than the old slide stick style. The gage I use gets within .10 lb and it was under $10. Got it at Menards.
    Got it! Thanks for clarifying that for me.....new to the Spyder.

P.W.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I bought the Accu-Gage in the picture when I bought my Spyder. The right angle chuck makes it very easy to check the rear tire. I have compared it to a digital gage with a chuck that won't allow me to check the rear tire but pressure-wise they agree within a quarter pound of each other.
    That's what mine looks like too. Nice and accurate.

Spyder Garage

Default Dual front....

JT Machine Shop... Has a dual line single feed balance guage that is the way to go. Inflate both front tires o desiresd pressure and release the bucks and you have equal pressure in both tires. Use one line to do the rear.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    JT Machine Shop... Has a dual line single feed balance guage that is the way to go. Inflate both front tires o desiresd pressure and release the bucks and you have equal pressure in both tires. Use one line to do the rear.
    That is a great idea they have.....I like it.....and the price is fair too.

Thanks for the info!
    P.W.

Spyder Garage

Been using this one for 2.5 years. No problems and very accurate. Treva. https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-MN-1.../dp/B00139YMUQ

Spyder Garage

My 2018 F3L comes with a small digital pressure gauge in the tool pouch (under the passenger seat). Never tried it, though, as I have a good analog gauge.
    2018 Spyder F3 Limited
    Pearl white/dark
    2018 F3 Limited , White pearl

Spyder Garage

I use my portable slim tire inflator to check psi. It has a long enough hose to reach the rear tire valve. The brand is Slime and I purchased it at
    Walmart about 7 years ago for under $20. Walmart has a similar looking one for $22.

Spyder Garage

So now you know, tire gauge, tires and oil you will never get that simple answer you were hoping for
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    So now you know, tire gauge, tires and oil you will never get that simple answer you were hoping for
    How true.....LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I also agree that this sounds like a great idea ... unfortunately none of the "JT Machine Shop(s)" in my google search turned up anything like this. Nor could I find anything really on point on Amazon or elsewhere on google. The closest I could find were https://adventure-imports.com/product/indeflate/ which is ridiculously expensive, and this home-made tubing setup for off-road Jeeps that is designed to use with an onboard inflator (but wouldn't have to be): https://trail4runner.com/2018/05/06/...lation-system/. The latter seems about ideal if reduced to only two wheels, but naturally being lazy I looked for a similar commercial product and found none. There are lots of tires to help air up "duallies" but none to air up the front wheels equally at the same time ... unless someone here has a good idea.

Seems to me like it would be good to manufacture a commercial product to air up two wheels simultaneously to the exact same pressure. The market would not just be Spyders but all car owners could benefit. Connect the hoses to both front wheels or both back wheels and inflate and equalize them at the same time.

If anyone knows where/how to find such a product -- or has a link to the elusive JT Machine Shop, please let me know.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi John,

Re: or has a link to the elusive JT Machine Shop, please let me know.

OK, you own me a drink as this was a tuff one to find:

http://www.spyderstore.com/

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I have one of his air filters but it has nothing about him on it. I'll keep this info for future reference.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    Hello all,
    What are you all using for a accurate tire pressure gauge and where did you buy it from?

Thanks for your time and help!
    P.W.
    I use this one: TIRE GAUGE.jpg
    It's made by Accu-Gage. I like it because I can keep it attached to the tire valve while inflating the tire.
    I purchased it from BestRest Products. It comes in two flavors; straight chuck, or right angle chuck.
    https://bestrestproducts.com/shop/cy...-ez-air-gauge/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    I also agree that this sounds like a great idea ... unfortunately none of the "JT Machine Shop(s)" in my google search turned up anything like this. Nor could I find anything really on point on Amazon or elsewhere on google. The closest I could find were https://adventure-imports.com/product/indeflate/ which is ridiculously expensive, and this home-made tubing setup for off-road Jeeps that is designed to use with an onboard inflator (but wouldn't have to be): https://trail4runner.com/2018/05/06/...lation-system/. The latter seems about ideal if reduced to only two wheels, but naturally being lazy I looked for a similar commercial product and found none. There are lots of tires to help air up "duallies" but none to air up the front wheels equally at the same time ... unless someone here has a good idea.

Seems to me like it would be good to manufacture a commercial product to air up two wheels simultaneously to the exact same pressure. The market would not just be Spyders but all car owners could benefit. Connect the hoses to both front wheels or both back wheels and inflate and equalize them at the same time.

If anyone knows where/how to find such a product -- or has a link to the elusive JT Machine Shop, please let me know.
    I made one myself. It was simple and cheap. Just buy the tubing, a "tee", two of the hose ends that clamp on your valve stems, and a fitting to connect to your compressor or hose. Piece of cake and a fraction of the cost. Works great every time
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default My favorite gauges

I have a couple of pressure gauges, and a tire filler with a gauge, from this seller, and I am very happy with the whole lot. I recommend this specific one for Spyders because the flexible hose makes checking the rear easier:
    https://smile.amazon.com/TireTek-Fle...-2-spons&psc=1

Hope this helps!

Bob
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome