Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dradams89 View Post
    Thank you for the reply Ann. The Can Am is my wife’s rig and I ride my Goldwing. When she rides as a passenger on my bike we communicate fine so I know her headset is fine. But when she is on her Can Am and I’m on my bike she can her but not transmit. Also, we tested the intercom last night and cannot talk between us. Both of us have a J&M headset wired
    She may need different lower cords (headset to bike). One for the wing; a different one for the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

This may or may not help?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...FKOTdXX3c/view

If you try all the adjustments and cannot resolve the problem, it's likely a bad ground plane on the Spyder, poor shielding, or a defective unit. jm2c

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for the reply Ann. The Can Am is my wife’s rig and I ride my Goldwing. When she rides as a passenger on my bike we communicate fine so I know her headset is fine. But when she is on her Can Am and I’m on my bike she can her but not transmit. Also, we tested the intercom last night and cannot talk between us. Both of us have a J&M headset wired
    OK, maybe here is your problem. Did you buy the headsets originally and specifically for the Goldwing? If so, that may be your problem. From what I read on Edsets.com all m/c CBs use a preamplifier in the mic circuit. See page 6 of this document: http://www.edsets.com/edsets_docs/PopularPinouts.pdf That pre-amp is built into the GW CB radio, hence the use of 5 pin connectors. The Spyder, and many other bikes, use a pre-amp built into either the headset itself, or into the lower cord. So, in short, if you have headset with no pre-amp in it, you will have a low signal level coming into the Spyder CB.

I'm not familiar with what J&M offers for headsets, but Ed Davis of edsets.com offers a headset you can use on either the GW or Goldwing, or any other bike. You just have to use the correct lower cord. The lower cord for Spyder has a pre-amp built into the lower cord connector. The lower cord for GW has no pre-amp in it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeriatric View Post
    This may or may not help?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9B...FKOTdXX3c/view

If you try all the adjustments and cannot resolve the problem, it's likely a bad ground plane on the Spyder, poor shielding, or a defective unit. jm2c

The Spyder essentially has no ground plane. Just not enough metal in it. That's why I changed to a No Ground Plane antenna.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

If you are using the Goldwing headsets which match the standard Goldwing intercom then that won't work. The Goldwing uses passive microphones in its system but other systems use an electret microphone which requires power fed through the microphone wires in the cable. The headset speakers will hear but the mics won't work.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

has anybody figured out what to do for 2018 model rt cb wife wants one

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    has anybody figured out what to do for 2018 model rt cb wife wants one
    Talk to Motorcycle Dave, a sponsor here. He can set you up with a handheld CB with a Bluetooth interface to your helmet. J&M has a handlebar mounted system available. There is nothing available that integrates into the 2018/19 Spyder audio system.

2014 Copper RTS