Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

My first thought was the casting nipples rubbing on something. Mine had those things sticking out all over the place, and were all about 3/8" or so long.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seemed like more "whiskers" than most any tire I've seen. But I don't think that was the cause because it only rubbed each tire in two places and only very slightly. Not enough to leave a mark on the tires or fenders and the noise was gone after five or six miles.

Did you notice any smell that you thought was different than the way most new tires smell?
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Seemed like more "whiskers" than most any tire I've seen. But I don't think that was the cause because it only rubbed each tire in two places and only very slightly. Not enough to leave a mark on the tires or fenders and the noise was gone after five or six miles.

Did you notice any smell that you thought was different than the way most new tires smell?
    Not really. They're made in the Netherlands, so maybe recycled Tulips or clogs?
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Not really. They're made in the Netherlands, so maybe recycled Tulips or clogs?
    At this point, I don't care what they're made of, they are fantastic as far as I'm concerned!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    At this point, I don't care what they're made of, they are fantastic as far as I'm concerned!
    ……………….. Please let us know if you get caught in the rain ….. and are riding your Spyder ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I will. I've only got about a month and a half of riding left this year. I'm getting surgery done on my right elbow on 9/17. Damn arthritis!

2013 RT-S SE 5