Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Vredestein Quatrac 5 in 175/55-60

If you have this tire in that size ….PLEASE post here what Spyder you have , year and model ….and what Style fender - new type or old type …..One member here has reported they don't fit His fenders ….. He says they are rubbing ……However I have found 11 members here who have that same tire on the front and have Reported no issues !!!!………..……... Thanks for your help on this …. Mike

Spyder Garage

2015 F3s with the new style fenders. If they are rubbing then they can place a washer between the bracket and the fender to move the fender out the thickness of the washer.
    That maybe just enough to stop the rubbing.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you have this tire in that size ….PLEASE post here what Spyder you have , year and model ….and what Style fender - new type or old type …..One member here has reported they don't fit His fenders ….. He says they are rubbing …… Thanks for your help on this …. Mike
    Thanks for moving this topic to a new thread, Mike!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

15 RTLtd new style fenders and no rubs....

Spyder Garage

2018 RTL, new style fender. No rubbing. Handles great.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

2015 STS
    Quatrac 5 175/55-60 on PPA wheels, New style fenders.
    Close fit, but no issues.
    Great tire!
    2015 STS SE5 * Bajaron sway bar and end links * M2 Shocks
    * PPA Wheels * Centramatic balancers
    *HMF Exhaust * CalSci Windshield
    2015 STS , Bajaron Black/White/Red

Spyder Garage

175/55-15 2016 F3 Limited. Tight, no problems. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just got word from Quattro Tires in Quebec, my Vredestein Front Tires are being shipped now, with the expected delivery date of June 10th.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Just a wee heads-up for you folks using this tyre. I use the same tyre on my Jeep and I like them but they aquaplane fairly easily over standing water at speed. They're fine on plain wet roads.

Just thought I'd mention it especially since it's a wider than standard size you're using. Take care through the deep puddles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderlass View Post
    Just a wee heads-up for you folks using this tyre. I use the same tyre on my Jeep and I like them but they aquaplane fairly easily over standing water at speed. They're fine on plain wet roads.

Just thought I'd mention it especially since it's a wider than standard size you're using. Take care through the deep puddles!
    Interesting comment ….. I have read on this Forum from folks who have this tire on their SPYDERS ( using approx. 18 psi ) that even in Heavy rain their are Excellent , better than other Brands..... When I ride in the rain I Rarely Hydro-plane, maybe it helps to know " how to safely ride in the rain ??? " ……. PS there are NO tires that won't Hydro-plane …. not even the ones used in Formula One that cot about 5,000 each ….. justsayin ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

My experience backed up here, an All Weather tyre comparison test.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm

Just sayin'
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

2017 F3 T... No Problem, fit fine!

Spyder Garage

My experience backed up here, an All Weather tyre comparison test.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm

Just sayin'
    ...……… and how many of those tires are in sizes that fit SPYDERS ???? … that's pretty much of Major concern to me … Formula One RAIN Tires are the best in the World , but so what, they won't fit on a Spyder. I recommend the Vredestein Quatrac 5 and will continue to do so, they actually fit our Spyders…… and have been tested ON Spyders….. Question ??? …. What tires do you have on your Spyder ???? ……..Thanks …. Mike

Spyder Garage

You're very sensitive! I was just sayin take care in the big puddles!!

I use Maxxis AP2.

Spyder Garage

You're very sensitive! I was just sayin take care in the big puddles!!

I use Maxxis AP2.
    Maxxis AP2 , yes I did a bit of research …. It's interesting that you like this tire !!! …. I just read in " Tyre News " their 2018 " all -season Tyre testing "… Your Maxxis AP 2 was 17th out of the 27 tires tested …… That BAD ' Quatrac 5 " was …. 6th … interesting Huh …… and I'm only sensitive about Safety …. Myself and Peter Aawen ( of Australia ) have actually received schooling & training on the tire thing...… all the best, be very careful in the rain with those TYRES ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

Wow, the words knickers and twist come to mind.

Take care.

Spyder Garage

Wow, the words knickers and twist come to mind.

Take care.
    Erm, I'm sorta wondering in what context.
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Interesting! i'd always listen to people with knowledge and experience [Mike - Peter] so i'm convinced that the Quadtrac 5 is the way to go, but just to clarify, paticarly Peter - in Australia, are they available here in Oz. I've looked on the Vredestein site but can't find Quadtrac 5s.

The size mentioned here, is that NOT the standard size and if not why not use standard size.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Interesting! i'd always listen to people with knowledge and experience [Mike - Peter] so i'm convinced that the Quadtrac 5 is the way to go, but just to clarify, paticarly Peter - in Australia, are they available here in Oz. I've looked on the Vredestein site but can't find Quadtrac 5s.

The size mentioned here, is that NOT the standard size and if not why not use standard size.
    The OEM ( standard ) tire size is 225/50 -15 (? or 55 ) …. and this size doesn't seem to be made by most Manufacture's …. the 215/60-15 is a lot more common , and it makes the speedo/odo closer to exact ……. Mike

Spyder Garage

I haven't found anyone in Australia who stocks the Vredestein Tires (yet!) But even if we do get someone prepared to import &/or carry them, we've still gotta convince them there's enough demand for those tires in sizes that we can use on our Spyders - sizes that don't fit a great number of modern motor vehicles!!

Just don't get too hung up on the 'nominal size' printed on the sidewall, the size that's far more important to us & our Spyders is the actual physical size & whether or not that size will fit on the various Spyder models! That often means trying it, or at least comparing the specified rolling dia & tire width (not just tread width) with the physical dimensions of a tire known to fit!

And you really don't want to forget that generally, the ambient & road temps in most of Australia tend to be just a tad higher than those experienced by a lot of North America!! So a tire that's ideal for the temps they experience over there may not work too well &/or for very long over here; and a tire that works really well here in our warmer areas might not work very well at all over there, especially in the colder areas!

But if it means you can get out there & ryde, it's all fun, innit?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I haven't found anyone in Australia who stocks the Vredestein Tires (yet!) But even if we do get someone prepared to import &/or carry them, we've still gotta convince them there's enough demand for those tires in sizes that we can use on our Spyders - sizes that don't fit a great number of modern motor vehicles!!

Just don't get too hung up on the 'nominal size' printed on the sidewall, the size that's far more important to us & our Spyders is the actual physical size & whether or not that size will fit on the various Spyder models! That often means trying it, or at least comparing the specified rolling dia & tire width (not just tread width) with the physical dimensions of a tire known to fit!

And you really don't want to forget that generally, the ambient & road temps in most of Australia tend to be just a tad higher than those experienced by a lot of North America!! So a tire that's ideal for the temps they experience over there may not work too well &/or for very long over here; and a tire that works really well here in our warmer areas might not work very well at all over there, especially in the colder areas!

But if it means you can get out there & ryde, it's all fun, innit?!
    Thanks Peter, in formative as usual, i'll PM you to find out you suggestions for local conditions remembering i live in cool Tassie.

I Have heard Toyos mentioned.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had two Quatrac5 175-55-15 tires put on on our Spyder about 1000 miles ago. Running at 16 PSI the handling and ride is outstanding!

That said, when I put them on, I spun them to see If they rubbed. As my luck would have it, both tires did but very, very lightly. Took it for a ride of about three miles, then removed them to see what was causing it. I couldn't find where the problem was, however, the rub was almost gone. Put the tires on again and the noise was completely gone in less than two more miles with no signs of interference on the tires or fenders.

BRP should make these tires standard right from the factory. If they did that and a PROPER laser alignment, they would probably be able to sell more bikes. That would virtually eliminate the folks put off by the "twitchy steering" factor. Even though ours had been "Squared Away" and the handling was great, the change from Kendas to these tires is shocking.

The only thing that I haven't had a chance to do is ride in the rain. Kind of looking forward to that! If it is as good as most say, I will not dread rainy rides anymore.

One question. Did anybody think that these tires had a "strange" smell to them? They made our whole garage smell for the first couple of days after they were first mounted. They smelled different than other tires normally do. Not really bad, just different. No smell at all after a couple of days.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Default Quarac 5 tire rubbing ???

PM sent …. Mike

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As requested by BLUEKNIGHT911, I'm posting the exchange of PM's between us.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911

Hi Mike here ….. a month or so back another member reported rubbing …. so I reached out to other members who had them in 175/55-15 ….. they all said no issues !!! …...… If you have time , could you possibly remove the wheels and look for " what on the front suspension " is/was the contact being made ….. you could also up the PSI to 17 ….. in the past I have added 3 washers ( one each ) between the wheel and the face of the hub ….. Thanks …. Mike

Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal

Hi Mike. The rubbing was very slight and didn't leave any marks on the tire or fenders. I was going to do the washer thing but don't really have a need to now. If it had been worse I would have, but not a problem after about five or six miles.

By the way, these tires are fantastic. Thanks for bringing them to our attention, Bob.

Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911

Your very welcome thanks for the compliment ….. Here's what I think may have occurred …. When you started out the tires were Cold …. ( ambient temp ) …. then as you drove they heated up a bit ( normal )… this would cause them to rise just a bit which would make them very slightly narrower …. this was just enough to eliminate them touching what ever it was making contact …… I think you will be impressed in the wet ….many folks here have reported this …..Mike …. I should have posted this instead of just Pm'ing you ….. Could you move it to your post ?????
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Thanks B A, some folks are very talented with the computer thing …..( I'm not one of them ) Mike