Spyder Garage

Default Nearly 500 miles on my 900 ace!

After nearly 500 miles of driving, I have found what I love most and what I feel needs some improvement. My wife has the 600 and she has about 300 miles on hers so far. As far as power goes the 900 has enough to satisfy most. In sport mode you nail it off the line or from a slow roll and you will be going sideways till you let off. From a roll above 20 mph it will snap you back with some authority and just keep on pulling. She is very stable and handles way better than I thought it would. The brakes are good but if an upgrade is every offered I’d be all over it. Gas mileage I’m getting roughly 33 mpg driving strictly in sport mode and I do have a heavy hand. Night driving is nice but felt it could use more light. I picked up a set of hikari H4 leds off amazon for under $40. These fit but do require the white locking ring to be opened up some and cut so the wire can pass through the top. After this modification they fit flawless and they can be rotated to aim them which is a very nice feature! They look sweet but light up the road 3x more all around! High beams on Its like daylight! This was an excellent needed addition imo and was just $40! Traction is limited in sport mode unfortunately off the line or from a slow roll. My wife’s 600 doesn’t have this issue due to having traction control on all the time. A tire upgrade on the rear I will definitely be doing. The stock exhaust sound decent and at around a steady 2200 rpm it almost has them sound of a sport bike. I’d prefer something louder but that’s just personal preference of course. Im gonna give the TBR exhaust a try soon. I wish the side mirrors where a little bigger. I have them adjusted where they do the job but sure would be nice to get a larger view. I know they make some aftermarket ones but not much of a fan on how they look. I’m sure in time options will come. Comfort wise after about an hour of riding the behind can feel it a little so I feel a comfort seat is in order. My wife doesn’t have this issue but then again she has more cushion than me ��. I’ve had every panel off the bike already and it’s very easy to work on imo. Reinstall was simple as well. The fenders above the front wheels where a pain the first time but now are easy as I know how to do it now. Overall I love this thing and can’t picture life without it now that I got it. I wrapped it but will doing a paint job on it soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Great report, thanks for taking the time to share with us.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited