Hello,

I have a 2013 ST Limited. It started running really rough. Extremely sluggish, no power. Sitting in neutral, I cannot get the RPMs above 5000 when revving, and it takes a bit to get to that even.

I have taken some of the plastics off, but haven't torn it completely down. I believe that it's only running on one cylinder.

Here's what I've done so far:
1. Disconnected the spark plug wire from the rear cylinder.
RESULT: Engine would not start.
2. Disconnected the spark plug wire for the front cylinder at the coil.
RESULT: Engine started and ran exactly like it has as described above.

So, with that said, I believe I have narrowed it down to the front cylinder not firing.
My question is, what should the next steps be?
Should I tear it down just enough to get to the front cylinder and check the plug condition?
New wires?
New coil?
Anything else that would cause this condition?

I have seen some discussions regarding plug wires, but I'm curious if anyone has ran into this same problem.

On another note, does anyone know if BRP is still offering the replacement side panels with better cooling? I bought this used.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT:
As I sit here and think about the issue this bike is having, here's a bit more information for symptoms.

As long as I have had the Spyder (about 2 years), it always ran rough when first starting. Clutch chatter would be a normal occurrence when starting out.
The engine would always run rough/low power until the RPMs would raise and then it would kick up and smooth out. Providing full power.

This makes me think that his has been an intermittent problem that is now no longer intermittent. Which would generally rule out a mechanical issue. They tend to not be intermittent. When something breaks, it usually breaks.