Thread: GPX files

Spyder Garage

Default GPX files

I am short on time, so can't do the research I would like to. I have an iPhone, I can email the GPX files to myself after downloading. What App can I run to open the GPX file and get turn by turn instructions?
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Hello,
    search the App Store for "gpx viewer". Apps like "GPX-Viewer" or "BikeGPX" can load and display the GPX file from the email.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your post, am looking for which one people are using, bunch of em! Going on trip very soon, found gpx files for routes to ride in that area, looking foran app to give me turn by turn instructions when i get there.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi,

On my side, I really like the combination of MyRouteApp website and MyRouteApp-Navi

the first one let you make your route (import and export as well) and the second one is a turn by turn navigation app that I use on my iPhone.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

Myrouteapp-Navi seems to be an android program. could not find in apple app store. Found it !!!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I tried to use the myrouteapp, downloaded it to my iPhone, looked at it??? set up log in, went to info, asked how to import GPX, says go online site and go to the import button in route lab, never found the import button. Looked all over. I must be missing it. People say this route was great so much fun, here is the gpx file, enjoy yourself. Why does it have to be so hard. Just want to download a GPX file and get turn by turn directions on my iPhone.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

If I am not mistaken, which happens more than I like, if you open a .gpx file you are going to see lat/long points and not turn by turn directions. It is the mapping software in the device into which you import the file that translates the lat/long points into turn-by-turn directions. How do I know, (1) I asked a Garmin technician and (2) if you look at a .gpx file for a route of substantial distance, say several hundred miles with many, many turns, the file is quite small. Look here for an explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_Exchange_Format.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    I tried to use the myrouteapp, downloaded it to my iPhone, looked at it??? set up log in, went to info, asked how to import GPX, says go online site and go to the import button in route lab, never found the import button. Looked all over. I must be missing it. People say this route was great so much fun, here is the gpx file, enjoy yourself. Why does it have to be so hard. Just want to download a GPX file and get turn by turn directions on my iPhone.
    I never use it this way on my side.

I know that the website on a computer can do everything. When you setup your account on the website, you can then plan your route either by doing it there or by importing GPX or other type of files.

You can also use your phone to make some route with the App.

When done, you use the navi app to navigate with all the route that you have on your account. You can leave them private or you can also make them available to public or friends that you can invite to have access to your file. If you by the subscription, you can also downloads maps and so not using your data plan. You will only need wifi to synchronise your route that are on the "cloud" with your phone once and then you can use everything without data usage.

But, on my comprehension, if you want to manipulate files (import/export) you need a computer.
    X-Grip Ram Mount Phone Holder, Lamonster Fog and driving lights, BRP Heated grip, Home made rear rack + Shad SH58X top case, BRP belt tensioner
    2016 F3T , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Garmin app is $40. Not sure if it will open a GPX file but easy to create a route itinerary and follow that.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red