Spyder Garage

Default First mod.....cat delete?

Today we just bought a 19 RTL and I would like to start with the mods already. When deleting the cat. is there anything I need to do to the ecm? I've read that if you let the engine idle for 15 min the ecm will change things on is own....Is this true? Or do I need to some kind of reflash or anything else?

Thanks for your time and help!!
    P.W.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P.W. View Post
    Today we just bought a 19 RTL and I would like to start with the mods already. When deleting the cat. is there anything I need to do to the ecm? I've read that if you let the engine idle for 15 min the ecm will change things on is own....Is this true? Or do I need to some kind of reflash or anything else?

Thanks for your time and help!!
    P.W.
    Nothing to do to the ECM. Take the cat out, let the engine idle for around ten minutes to let the RTL computer reprogram.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I've done a few now. The process is really Simple As! Remove the cat; install delete pipe; start & let engine idle for a while (I've been told 15 mins too, but probably only ever manage to last about 10 mins with no apparent ill effects - yeah, I know, I'm a tad impatient. ) Then go for a ryde! It probably does pay to start a little gently, then work back up to normal ryding over the next 20 miles or so, maybe even over that tank of gas' worth. But the ECM on any modern engine really is pretty smart, and with all the sensors engines have to allow them to run cleanly & economically, it usually won't take a whole lot of time for the ECM to re-learn & refine all the engine operation parameters it controls after such a relatively minor change as installing a variation to the exhaust gas flow.

Now get out there & Ryde!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-18-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up guy's!!!

P.W.