So, my husband and I are about to do a 3 week trip out west, and are discussing updating our ~5 year old communications system. We're on 2 rides (my F3-S and his 2 wheeler) and rarely separate by more than half a mile or so. We've been using a Scala Q3 system, which does work, but even after using it for years, the directions are confusing and we don't really like the system. On the plus side, the sound is really good, and they work over a good distance. On the downside, even set (supposedly) to sensitive, they still switch to standby frequently and it takes them quite a while to wake up.

So, what we are looking for is something for just 2 riders (we never ride with groups) that is easy to set up and use, has good battery life, and preferably won't go to standby so much or will come out of standby quickly. I would also like to be able to listen to music from my phone, something I've never figured out with the Scala. I'd like the communications between us to be the overriding use—if I'm listening to music, I'd want conversation to take precedence, if that makes sense.

So, does anyone have a recommendation, and are there other factors I need to consider? Thanks in advance!