Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default What Jacket are you wearing?

Looking for a new Riding Jacket and thee are so many choices, I would love to be able to afford an Aerostitch system, but that would only get me a divorce. I am looking for a good intermediate priced jacket. I live in North Las Vegas, where it extremely, but it does get cold (at least to me, I have heated gear. I need an XL. So Let's hear the good, the bad, and the ugly and the reasons why you are using what you have. I don't care to hear that you don't use one. I like using safety gear, as I worked in the emergency room and seen what happens when you don't. I don't want to debate your choice and never would. I want to hear from the riders who wear jackets!

Thanks!
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I recommend Fox Creek Leather. I have their leather pants, two vests and two pair of gloves. Outstanding quality, service and choice of products.

I keep thinking I’ll buy a jacket from them, too, but I still haven’t worn out my original from 1979 when I bought a Honda shaft drive CX-500. Bike shop had a clearance sale and I bought a great $400 leather jacket for $50, that has lasted 40 years.

I haven’t bought new cuz the old one is still great with just a few wear areas, AND all the leather I have purchased from Fox Creek Leather all matched my old jacket perfectly.

Am like you, or at least similar. I wear all my leather all the time, too many years picking up pieces.

Spyder Garage

I'm wearing a "Bohn" armored mesh shirt. Very comfortable and well ventilated. I also have a leather jacket for when it is chilly. And I have a Can Am armored jacket that is too heavy for Florida use. It is sitting in the closet. probably should sell it. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Don't buy a brand, but what fits you and is comfortable. If it's not comfortable, you won't wear it.

Spyder Garage

Aerostich Darien Light. Custom fit, well vented, dry as can be in torrential rain.
    I like riding in the rain...
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

I use a Bilt mesh jacket. Cheap at 119 dollars and had great airflow when riding. Also has a removable liner when it gets chilly.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

I love my Tourmaster mesh jacket because of the versatility. With the two removable layers (quilted vest and waterproof liner) it works in all kinds of weather. And when it's hot, I've still got armor even though the jacket is mesh. It was around $200. The sizing runs small, at least in women's—I had to return my first one and get a size larger than I normally wear.
    2017 F3-S
    2010 Honda Element

Harley map

Spyder map

Spyder Garage
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a tourmaster air intake iacket. It has two inner layers - one insulated and one rain proof. In warm weather I remove the two inner layers and ride with the Mesh. Versatile set up. Comfortable. Also have the pants so I'm ready for all seasons

Spyder Garage

This.

Bilt Techno mesh jacket. It's ice in the morning and fire in the afternoon in central New Mexico. Mesh jackets are a must for summer here. Cycle Gear has some very good stuff under their Bilt brand.

Spyder Garage

I use a bilt adventure jacket has a good removable liner water proof lots of vents and good price.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

First Gear has great gear and is affordable, I’m wearing an Olympia and it is nice but not 100% waterproof it does come with its own rain gear though.

Get something that’s Gortex or similar fabric as you want something that is breathable and waterproof.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Several...

Depends on the day, weather and Ryde but the only one from a motorcycle supply is my Bilt from Cycle Gear with cooling vents and removable liner...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Sully View Post
    Aerostich Darien Light. Custom fit, well vented, dry as can be in torrential rain.
    I like riding in the rain...
    Aero stitch. Have you ever regretted buying the very best? Mine rocks! I’m on my third Darien light. Since I wear it everyday, it is a bargain. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Aero stitch. Have you ever regretted buying the very best? Mine rocks! I’m on my third Darien light. Since I wear it everyday, it is a bargain. Joe
    Never regretted it once. My first is only 4 years old, so barely broken in.
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

For waterproof and most rides I have a Klim jacket. I love it for protection and waterproof quality. I had putting rain gear on and off when riding. Here in the NE and summer, it can rain on and off all day. Can be warm on hottest days though.On really hot days and when I know no rain, I have a Tour Master mesh that I wear.

All depends on budget and needs. If you have the money, Klim or Aerostich are worth it. Alternatively, I have had good luck with my Tour Master Transition jackets (had a couple three season which had good waterproof quality and held up well over several seasons) and Olympia.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

I wear BRP can am jacket with a removable liner, It is very comfortable, and vents.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a castle. Comes with two liners. It is also vented. With a light wicking shirt or a sweat shirt I have been able to adapt to conditions. Works well. Jacket comes with armor.

Spyder Garage

First Gear Kilimanjaro in lt gray. The venting is not great but I open it up and it is fine. It has a warm/water proof liner, but I mostly use my Warm and Safe electric liner if it is going to be cold. I have had that jacket since 2011. I also use a Joe Rocket Phoenix 1.0. mesh. I also wear a local brand brown leather jacket. It is warm, comfortable and has good venting for warm days and a liner for cold days and has lasted since 2002. I am kinda old school and really like the leather jacket.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mesh jacket (Tourmaster{?}), or leather jacket. If I put my rain jacket on over the mesh, it's fairly toasty.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

If you are end up near Riverside, CA, Chaparral Motorsports has a huge selection of riding gear on the floor that you can try on. It takes a lot of the chance out of online ordering, no matter how good the brand. I have a very light and a very heavy riding jacket, both of which I chose because I liked the design and the fit.

I think that if you took the riding gear sections of the 15 closest major dealers and put them together, Chaparral still has more selection and gear to choose from, and since a lot of it is a year old (and nothing usually changes in a year except for inconsequential design choices) the prices are generally very good.

You can also purchase online, but you loose the advantage of putting you hands on the gear and trying it on.

https://www.chapmoto.com
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I Use Klim Jackets and riding pants they all come with D30 armor witch is easy to ware and maxim protection
    BAJARON SWAY BAR PLUS LINKS
    BAJARON SPACER
    ULTIMATE SEAT WITH GAS DOOR
    JT SHELF BAR
    SPYDERFLAP
    BUMPSKID
    XM RADIO
    POWER OUTLET
    LAMONSTER CUP HOLDER
    2015 RT LIMITED
    PIN STRIPPING BY MACK THE KNIFE
    RIVCO FLAG HOLDER
    SENA SM10 BLUE TOOTH
    LAMONSTER FBB HIGHWAY BRACKET WING BOARD BLK
    BPR TRAILER HITCH
    KRADELLOCK FOR THE GPS
    BIG BRAKE PEDAL BY TRICLED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Summer jacket
    Attached Images Attached Images
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

I wear the Klim Induction and my wife the Avalon. Great build, excellent protection and excellent quality. I wear the north face bionic 2 under it for cooler days. You need to try every jacket you can get your hands on first. reviews are excellent to ask for but fit and feel is most important. I went to every motosport store in my area and even expanded out before I decided. My wife is going through the same thing right now getting a new helmet. I found revzolla a great place to try out things. The return ship for $8.00. It doesn’t matter if you deciding on a $200 jacket to a $1000 jacket, try it on before you buy it or return it if you don’t like it. Get the feel of it then decide.

Spyder Garage

I've been wearing Joe Rocket jackets since about 2003 on my motorcycles and now on the Spyder since we got it in 2017. Most of my gear I bought used on IBMWR.org. It seems a lot of the BMW guys get gear that they soon decide is not quite right and then sell it in almost new condition for half price or less. I have also used and liked Tour Master gear. It's quality stuff for a lot less than some of the bigger names like Aerostitch. Another good source for all types of gear is Motorcyclegear.com located in Shallowwater, Tx. I purchased a pair of mesh Tour Master pants from there a few years ago with rain and quilted liners; very good stuff.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)